• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-34 Project Kicks off

acrane

My M-34 was delivered on Friday, and I picked up a bed for it on Saturday. Looking forward to many wasted hours putting it back together this summer. Definitly a unique truck! I'll post more pics as work progresses if people are interested.

When finised it will be an exact replica of the M-34 mess truck my dad drove in Germany in 1952. I'm attaching a pic of him in front of his ride way back when as well.

Attachments

Jones

Great project and great end target. Best of luck and welcome to the fold.
This site is good for info and support; and lots of knowledgable people. All bring a particular expertice and everybody is willing to share.

rdixiemiller

Where did you find an original M34 bed? They are hard to come by!
Just a tad bit of rust on the fenders.........
The truck looks like a good candidate for restoration. Get in touch with Maccus, he knows where some M34's live.

M1075

Looks like a good project acrane.

You have to remember to load photos in the reverse order you want them seen. One of system's quirks!

acrane

Found a guy who had two of them he was using to store firewood in! Got a great deal on the bed, seats, bows, and canvas.

Truck runs great and is in really good shape except for those fenders. It also came with a gas M-35 for parts which I am going to steal the fenders off of.

Still need a gasser gas tank and an early tailgate if anyone has anything kicking around.

deuceman51

I would be interested in the other beds troop seats, corners, and bows. I have been trying to find them for my M135 for a long time and was just going to modify a set of M35s to fit the bed. Let me know more about the other bed. Thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M 7 50= July 13 1950
0240FXH1 is the model of the axle.
672 is the gear ratio and
637101 is the sequence or serial number of the housing.
On the top of the center section in the machined flat spot should be another sequence of numbers for the center section. Attached are 2 pics from my 1953 M108 front axle. The 2553 indicates Feb 5 1953 and the N1 is the production line number. The second pic is on the top of the center section indicating some of the same type of info. What year is the truck? 1950 is pretty early production.

Attachments

acrane

Thanks for the info!

The data plate with the delivery date is of course gone, but I was guessing it was a 1950 since it has some other unusual features on it.

It still had the original oa-331 gas engine in it.

Attachments

Crazyguyla

Ken,

Who and where are these pipes?? my front pipe looks like swiss cheeses *L* Gotta love them gassers

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call Matt at M-Trucking. (954)523-1913. Not sure about how to ship the sucker, maybe the gray dog could carry it.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FedEx will take it. Got my exhaust pipe for my turbo conversion from New Jersey to Virginia with just a label taped on. A few years ago, but still.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When I ship exhaust, I shrink wrap it (to keep it form getting scracthed).

I know it sounds silly (scratched exhaust pipes) but if you pay $1500 for a single, NOS date coded Hemi muffler and headpipe, it makes more sense :)

acrane

The M-34 is starting to look like a truck! Painted the cab and frame OD, and put the bed on it. I'm hoping to have it done and registered by friday so I can drive it to the COMVEC show. If anyone wants to see pics on how to mount a bed on a truck with two guys and no heavy equipment let me know and I will post!

Alan

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks