• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ebay Tan vinyl M151 Top... BEWARE

surpdlr

Dave from WeeBee Webbing asked me to post this link.

G503.com Message Forums • View topic - ebay Tan vinyl M151 Top... BEWARE

It is a heads up on a custom top he built for an Encore M151, that somebody is trying to sell as "fitting an M151", (it will not fit correctly).

He tried to point this out to the seller, and was told he did not know what he was talking about!!!

Dave is trying to pre-empt any angry phone calls he might get on this latter, since HIS name is on the mis-advertised top!

surpdlr

Looks like the seller has since modified his listing to reference these concerns.

If being told flat out that a top is for an Encore M151, and will NOT fit an original M151 properly by the manufacturer, and then posting "I was emailed by someone looking at this top and they said it was for an Encore version of an M151. I'm not sure if this is true but I don't want to mislead anyone." is a modification of the listing to "reference these concerns" ....

Well I think that "I’m not sure" and not quoting the manufacture of the top is a rather circumscript way of saying that the top will not fit an M151 correctly!!!

Anybody who knows what an M151 top looks like will know this top is not right, it is made for a vehicle with a tailgate (It goes straight across the bottom) as opposed to an M151, which has a "tongue" in the center, since the body has a cut out in the rear, not a tail gate!!!

Dave just wanted this posted for the new guys, so they don't make a mistake!!! (Or the guys who want this as a Tan top for their MUTT, only to find it is too short in the center rear part...... (And there is no material available to strech it!!))

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks