• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery's alternaters & stuff

poof

Dirty Hippie
hello there..
woundering what the smallest CCA battery that might work on electric start. a5 type is.. and might some one have a picture to share with an alternater set up on their mule..
i would like to see.. and know the pro's and cons of having one.
was thinking a good motorcycle battery or maybe a lawn tractor battery..
i dont know.. i just want to loose the big deep cycle one i have now.
maybe add a solargizer to the system..
J.P.

6x6guy

Nice job, I'am waiting until it's gets a little warmer to rebuild the engine and fix all the leaking seals
and rewire the electrical system ( added more goodies). Your pics are good motivation for me,
maybe it's the the cold weather or work is real slow and you don't know whats around the corner,
but I always look forward to going down to the Creek in April and have fun with my mule.

Jerry Berry

I used one of those dry cell type batteries that you would find on a jet ski, which also had a ready made bracket for it. I wasable to mount it on the bottom of the deck. it's completely out of sight. (even when you look underneath)

As for the alternator, most use the G.M. one wire type. I found at an automotive swap meet an altenator that's about 2/3 rd's the size of the G.M. one ( I believe that it's from a Honda) that you may be able to obtain cheap from a wrecking yard. As mounted I'm still able to use the fan belt cover in it's stock location.

The above will give you more than enough cranking power and will actually allow to to use / mount light if so desired.

Jerry..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks