• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission oil

What will be the best transmission oil for the 5-speed box, manual says SAE90, thinner SAE80 or SAE 75W80 (semi synthetic) will be better.May be smoother, better shifts w/o gear scatching will be possible. Trans only (not transfer case)takes 6.5 quarts?

WoodDeuce

I used 80/90 weight gear oil in mine. It was what the manual said to use. It is thick and sticky and works great but is kind of expensive. I bouthg 5 gallons and didnt need it but have it. Same thing you should put in all your axles to. Make sure those arnt low or you will be in for one fun job.

paulfarber

Ain't no gear oil o the planet gonna he with shifts.. you can either double clutch or you can't.

During the War most, if not all trans/transfer oil was 90 weight. Army Motors (the real one) had a big write up.

You do realize this is the CCKW forum? Ain't no semi-synthetic in any manual I own.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks