• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator Regulator adjustment ?

How to correct adjust the regulator (big square box at the firewall) If i unscrew the cap there are two adiustment screws ( middle for voltage left fot current.How to adjust current (more charge amps) turn srew clockwise in 1/4 turns?I want to lift ampere charge rate.Generator is new but charge light only at the middle if the amp gauge when engine is running.What will be a good amp rate at 1000prm 30amps?

paulfarber

Is this for a CCKW???

There is no 'charge light' (unless you have some sort of shop/radio truck variant?).

If you want to increase the current output of the genny, then rev up the engine. IIRC you need 1000-1500 RPMs before the genny will cut in.

If you have a voltmeter, the data plate on the cover will tell you the cut in voltages for normal operation. You may need to clean the relay contacts.. they will burn/wear over time.

WW2Chevy

If I remember dorrectly, the generators have to be "polarized" in order for them to charge correctly. The answer to this and the original question regarding adjustment can be found in the maintenance manual. If you don't have one, you should. I think I've even seen them available on-line...

paulfarber

You only need to polarize if the generator has been replaced/disconnected from the regulator.

I think hes more confused on why he is not pegging the amp meter at full charge (40A). There are lots of reasons... first, your battery voltage will be a big factor. You will not charge at a high rate unless your battery needs it. After starting, a healthy battery may only draw 10-20 amps after start... and then for only a few minutes. If you have to run the starter for 20-30 seconds then you will see a higher charge rate for a longer time.

If you are driving along, you should not see more than 5 or so amps.. unless you have lights on.

A little more info would help... and a clearer explanation of what he thinks the problem is.

The TM9 would not be of much help.. the regulator was not a 1st echelon item. The TM10s do cover them in more detail.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks