• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Posting in Wrong Forum?

captain-crank

Just wondering why so many of the posts in this forum are about M-series trucks?

Isn't this one suppose to be for the WWI & II 5 Ton and Larger?

Why aren't they in the Post Viet Nam/ Desert Storm Forum?

Bet if I started up over there with some 1945 WLF truck stuff I'd get corrected fairly quickly.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just moved one yesterday to the correct forum. Just a lack of time to correct all the threads, and yes, they should be posted in the correct forum.

captain-crank

But just a thought should this not be in the conversations, or even website forums?
I saw "site improvement" and "website help." Didn't seem to fit either.

And unless it's from someone who can actually do something, like a Mod......

I really wasn't looking for conversation, thoughts or opinions in the matter.

That just causes useless stirring right?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw "site improvement" and "website help." Didn't seem to fit either.

And unless it's from someone who can actually do something, like a Mod......

I really wasn't looking for conversation, thoughts or opinions in the matter.

That just causes useless stirring right?
Not useless stirring. There are far too many posts for us to see all of them and it helps when someone points things out.

Thanks!

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know when I got my first 5 Ton M816 I was like I have got to tell everybody put in wrong forum .Them after the fact I was like you put in wrong forum some times you get so worked up you just screw up . brain first in gage some times it don't work got to tell look what I won today.
AEC Retired Tony

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wondering why so many of the posts in this forum are about M-series trucks?

Isn't this one suppose to be for the WWI & II 5 Ton and Larger?

Why aren't they in the Post Viet Nam/ Desert Storm Forum?

Bet if I started up over there with some 1945 WLF truck stuff I'd get corrected fairly quickly.

If non-WWII vehicle posts are found in the WWI and WWII Vehicles
area, kindly report them. It will benefit everyone to keep things where they should be.

Amer-team

My apologies to Capt. Crank.

It seems that I am guilty of having posted to this forum. After looking at the reasoning I skipped over the Post Vietnam forum, as my 1968 M54 is not a post Vietnam vehicle.

Perhaps the forum name should be changed to Korea to Desert Storm 5 tons and larger. had I read the fine print, listing M54, I may not have made that mistake, but that would have assumed that I read the directions. Will do better in the future.

68t

hello captain crank. if ok , could you post some pictures of you military vehicle collection, i have seen some of yours vehicles pictures in the MVPA, and the military vehicles magazine, you sure got a great collection of big trucks and wreckers. i all so got the calander with your halftrack on it. thanks 68t

captain-crank

My apologies to Capt. Crank.

It seems that I am guilty of having posted to this forum. After looking at the reasoning I skipped over the Post Vietnam forum, as my 1968 M54 is not a post Vietnam vehicle.

Perhaps the forum name should be changed to Korea to Desert Storm 5 tons and larger. had I read the fine print, listing M54, I may not have made that mistake, but that would have assumed that I read the directions. Will do better in the future.
No apologies needed. [thumbzup] Just a bother sifting through all the M stuff for the occasional WWII truck info.
I thought maybe I was misreading something here with all the modern stuff as the topic.

hello captain crank. if ok , could you post some pictures of you military vehicle collection, i have seen some of yours vehicles pictures in the MVPA, and the military vehicles magazine, you sure got a great collection of big trucks and wreckers. i all so got the calander with your halftrack on it. thanks 68t
Zat you Wendell?
<<<<<< OK, there's one right there.......:beer:

Sure, I'll go stick them in the Post Viet Nam/Korean section and see what I can stir up. :wink:

Actually, it's takes me a long time to get pics posted here , so I don't bother.

Too bad, I really like pics.

John

68t

hey john, i , ll drank to that. yes post some pictures. i got a old gasser, m. series something i am going to make a 4x4 , it was give to me, so i can cut it up. oh did you see on tv where they bobbing a m series fire truck. they should not of cut up a fire truck, i need it for parades and events.:?

captain-crank

Only one of the top seven threads here is pertinent. :?

Even got one regarding a modern trailer.....

Maybe this forum title is too similar to the one that these should actually be posted in, which is "5 Ton and up?"

How about making it " Autocar, Ward LaFrance, Federal and other early trucks?"

Or something like that, just so there is a bit more difference in title headings that those excitable M series posters might be able to catch it? :lol:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good thread. That would be a cool forum if it did contain only WWI & WWII stuff.
What is the correct process to have posts moved? Can the OP move them?

It is just up to us mods. I am supposed to go in and check to make sure that this doesn't happen. I just forget sometimes and usually go in and move a whole mess of the ones that got put in the wrong place at one time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks