• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pall Fluid Purifier-Anybody know how to use this

scootertrs

Hi
We have 2 of these units which are working fine, but are confused as to the proper utilization of ther units. Also being demilled, parts are pricey. I would just like to chat with someone that had experience with them in the service so we can decide if they are keepers or if they will move on into a different life situation. Here is a pic of one on ebay, ours look just like it (or close enough)

any ideas? We have the manuals and have spoken to the factopry, but still need help. Thanks

stumps

I know nothing about this unit.

From the labeling, and the configuration, it appears to be intended to filter and flush out airplane hydraulic systems.

It looks like it would be useful for filtering waste motor oil for use as a fuel.

What do you intend to use it for?

-Chuck

scootertrs

We have read the basic manuals and have contacted the factory and supposedly this unit filters via a combination of vacuum, centrifugal force and filters oils (Hydraulic, engine, etc) while also dewatering said products. my problem is finding someone in the private sector that is experienced with it that is willing to assist in proper operation.

My purposes include, but are not limited to filtering hydraulic oil (which we use many many gallons of) and maybe motor oils.

Thanks

scootertrs

I saw that, but since I do not intend to buy any more units, I don't feel right about going to the seller for the info. I would rather ask our group. there is bound to be several members who have actual hands on experience with these units, plus I always give more credibility to the person that has nothing to gain (except goodwill) by providing the info. Also, just because you own something (I own 2) and are now selling it, does not mean you are competent with it. (as all can tell by my questions) I do see that if it is such an advanced and technically reliable machine that processes hydraulic oils in airplanes or MV's for gods sakes, it has got to be special. In our business, I burn in my diesel engines thousands of wmo and hydraulic oil gallons. I would like to reuse the hydraulic at least. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks