• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

project TOW mule update

nickd

RECAP

The mule is running first gear still pops out, other than that it is complete. I will tackle first gear in time. The fenders and wide tires are installed along with all the associated TOW mule brackets. all painted with new canvas. I have been somewhat successful in locating empty missile tubes, a tripod and a demilled day sight for display purposes.

NEW ADDITIONS

I picked up an accessory for display, a bore sighting fixture. A demilled night night sight for display purrposes is another new addition. There is a possibility of making some reproduction launch tubes for display purposes. We are looking into the cost factor and the demand for launch tubes will determine the final cost.

I am still in the hunt for a T&E for display purposes and a control box or a suitable replica. I would also be interested in a storage box for the day sight to protect it during transport.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the control box?

No new pictures, nothing else to report.

Thanks,
Nick

emr

SWEET! Looking foward to seeing that at the NJ MTA Show !!!!!!!!!! ITS GETTING CLOSE...:mrgreen:...I have alot of box's but U would have to come to the shop and pick one out, ...8)

nickd

Randy,
Thanks, i need the dimensions of the missile control box so I can find one to match. At this tima, transporting 3 mules at once is only possible with the M35A2. I am not sure it will be at the show in April. The wide tires on the TOW mule will not fit in the pick up truck easily and the mule hauler will be carrying the 106 mule and my A5 will be in the bed of the truck.

readyman

NickD,

Where the heck did you get the Optics! Do they have any more where that came from? I've been looking for 2 years now without any luck :(
Any pics?

The aluminum case you're looking for is 1430-01-411-1684 MISSILE GUIDANCE SET - You can get 'em new for $35,263.00 :) let me know if you find more than 1.

I still have you on the M22 launch tube list when I start laying those up.
1440-00-196-0038 M22 TUBE, GUIDED MISSILE LAUNCHER $ 2,222.00 old gov't prices

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks