• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CJ-5 fenders on M38A1

aaron92685

I'm thinking about picking up a set of fenders off a 1957 CJ-5 for my 54 M38A1. From what I read the early Cj-5 fenders are the same as the M38A1. Could I get someones two cents on this? My fenders are way beyond fixable.

aaron92685

That is the best news today! The guy is selling a whole CJ5 body I hope he will just part with just the fenders. Are the windshield frames the same to?

Aaron

aaron92685

I knew about the two piece and the one piece. But the frames are the same right? So I can put a two piece in it? I'm sorry about all the questions but I am new to the M38A1 with no one else to ask lol.

aaron92685

So I picked up a whole CJ5 body for cheep to use as parts. The fenders are the same but do not have the treaded holes for the black out light on the driver side, witch is a easy fix. From what I can tell the windshield frames are the same, the CJ5 windshield frame has the hand hold on it that is the only difference I could find on that. And the grill has smaller sockets for the lights and dose not have a spot to mount the bottom M38A1 lights. Thought I would post that info up just in case someone else ever needs it.

Aaron

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks