• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any idea what happened to sale 4927?

lonegunman

My EUC is at 60 days. They have been enjoying my money for over two months and nothing is happening. This is my first auction, but I am a retired USAF guy with nearly three decades of service, checking my background cannot be that hard. This is offically the slowest, most miserable process I have ever done with the federal gov't.

My concern is the reports of gutted and looted trucks from previous auctions, my truck is in Forest Park and was advertized as "running". I actually would like a running truck, since I paid for one.

Having it sit, paid for, for months is not sitting well with me. Illegal immigrants get citizenship faster than this.:-?

Any ideas or useful suggestions? Points of contact?

hemichallenger

Not that it helps but my first euc was a m35a2 from Forest Park and took about 65 days. The sale said it was running and it was and was all there and in good condition and has been running with no problems for about 6 months. Hope you have the same out come.

5ton4ever

Have patience, everytime I bought something I don't get the euc complete notice until the last monent. Your background check probably doesn't take that long, but it most likely sits on some slack-jawed civilians desk until they get around to it. Have fun with your new toy.[thumbzup]

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Make sure it is at Battle Creek.
Did you get an offical notice by clicking on the EUC Status tab under My Account on the web site?

If there is something hinky you may or may not get notified by the GL "Customer Service" (and I use the term loosely).

I would do the live chat or call them (be prepared to be put into HOLD ****) and get it from the horses mouth.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How will that help? The EUC's are pending in Battle Creek
It won't help. After it goes to Battle Creek it is out of your hands (and GL's). The only thing you can do is wait and hope they don't go over 90 days.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I second the notion to be in motion. Being pro-active with GL is the only way to get-er-done. Squeaky wheel, and all that.....

Use the "Chat" feature to confirm Battle Creak is in possession of the EUC application, then ask GL to do a tracer on the application.

Remember this: Nobody cares but you.

Rick

lonegunman

Well my EUC is at Battle Creek. I'm sure I can pass a background check, especially since I have spent a lifetime in the military and am easy to check.

GL responded that it is at Battle Creek and there is nothing they can do except enjoy making interest in my fat wad of cash while I am screwed into borrowing or renting a truck for my projects.

I cannot help but be unimpressed with the customer service.

If you don't like it now, you should have been around a few years ago. If you got it in 60 days you were the luckiest guy around. More like 180 days, of course back then they did not take your money until the EUC went thru. I just was in an auction 2/12, got my EUC 2/20. It don't make alot of sense so I would suggest not buying if you can't wait.

simoncrk

Don't feel bad. I bought an M1009 last March in 2009, and mine finally cleared in June of 2009. YEAH 120 DAYS!!!! But the next time I bought a few M915A1's and it only took a week to clear, same thing on my Repar Shop Trailer. Its usually the first buy that takes so long. The ones after that go faster. Hope this helps....

m38inmaine

Don't count weekends/holidays, only business days count toward the 60 days. I was tired of waiting and I figured I would go direct to the source and contacted DLA directly. They gave me a "trouble ticket number" and launched a "level 2 investigation" said it could take a while to respond. Two days later they called and said there was nothing they could do, and had no status of my EUC or they even had one. At this time I don't believe the checks are conducted in that office(BC) but somwhere at a trade security facility. I'm afraid when it comes to the EUC submitted to BC you are at their mercy. There have been members here cleared previously and still waited 59 days. It's one of those things where it's best just to try and forget about it and get a surprise e-mail saying" invoice ready for download ".

Last edited:

mlwats1@hotmail.com

GL will take your money charge you for a EUC take as long as possabil fault you because they don't do the job hold on to your money and they sell the truck again and again, you will have to get a atterney to get your money back if ever, remember your not really dealing with the government. GL is a contractor. my personal belief is that the end of the day they scrap all the paperwork off thier desk into the recyling bin. tomarrow is a new day.

USN ret

lonegunman

Here is a little more "WFT" for you. I got a letter today from the folks in Battle Creek. It says "I was assessed to purchase/recieve DoD property" and lists the parts of the EUC form I should read.

What the heck is this? Nobody ever mentioned letters about random stuff. That and I think they are using the word "assessed" incorrectly. Sorta like "inconceivable".

Anybody else get a random letter?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a little more "WFT" for you. I got a letter today from the folks in Battle Creek. It says "I was assessed to purchase/recieve DoD property" and lists the parts of the EUC form I should read.

What the heck is this? Nobody ever mentioned letters about random stuff. That and I think they are using the word "assessed" incorrectly. Sorta like "inconceivable".

Anybody else get a random letter?
Yes, I got that letter several years ago. I think it may have been on my first EUC purchase. Never have got another one since. Best I remember it's just reminding you of what you can and cannot do with the items per terms of the EUC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks