• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Aid Kit and Fire Extingusher

Do you have a fire Extingusher and First Aid Kit on your Vehicle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LanceRobson

The M35A2 I use off road and around the farm has both a dry chemical and a CO2 extinguisher. One is mounted on the rear slope of the driver side wheel well and the other is mounted on the curve of the cab just behind the driver's door between the cab and bed. I wanted them in plain sight.

The first aid kit is in the tool box with the reflector set. I keep a reflective vest or two for nighttime work near traffic. A good LED headlamp and a couple of flashlights dangle from the thumbscrews for the windshields along with the ear defenders.

Lance

papakb

I've always carried the standard equipment in all of my military vehicles. The HMMWV ambulance has not only the larger fire extunguisher but also most of the common med supplies it would have carried. The other vehicles just have the generic first aid kits.

While I've never had to use the first aid supplies I have used the fire extiguishers on 2 other vehicles over the years.

Kurt Lesser
KG6KMJ

Carl_in_NH

Both. The fire extingusher and a set of reflective triangles are required for state inspection when you're over 10K pounds in NH (might be a DOT requirement, I don't remember). The First Aid kit is there because I'm a klutz, and want to avoid bleeding all over myself and the truck.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have both. Being an X firefighter and EMT you never know when you may need them. Also have a seat belt cutter and spring loader punch for the glass.

Metallitera

Those that carry first aid kits, does everyone know how to use all the equipment in them? and do you check them every so often? packaging will break down very fast when exposed to the elements. also a lot of the commercial kits are kinda worthless IMHO, they have too much of what u dont need and not enough of what you do, and a lot of crap you dont need at all.

extinguishers, are they inspected yearly? and again, do you know how to use them? everyone know about PASS? (Pull Aim Squeeze Sweep) and know what kind of extinguishers can put out what fire, and how much fire they can put out?

and for those wanting to make their own kits, i can help with what youd need, and dont go to walmart or the drug store tp buy the stuff, wayyyy too expensive. i buy my stuff from EMP: Emergency Medical Supplies and Equipment from Emergency Medical Products, Inc.

theres also a great article on makin your own kits here:
Doc Blue's Emergency Medical Kit

all that being said, i dont have an extinguisher in my truck but i do have some first medical supplies. i tend to leave my jump bag at home because i got carried away and its too bulky LoL im lookin for a better suited bag. i DO have a 2-1/2 gallon water can in my kitchen though LoL and yea yea yea i know its only rated for Class A combustables. makes a **** of a water gun too! :mrgreen:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put "neither" but it's because I have a "head first, feet second, safety third" mentality. I often go on long trips in my deuce and I do the cross and say a prayer before the trip, just to make sure. Kinda a cross-your-fingers-and-hope-for-the-best thing.

Thanks for the reminder, I will make sure my deuce gets both before it's next big road trip.

Last edited:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I will have, think getting the truck running and road worthy is my first challange. Do have all the above in my jeep, pu, and road tractor. also a vol. fireman/emt.[thumbzup] have bandade and know how to hit my finger real well!:mrgreen:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"The ARK" is all about being PREPARED - like a good Boy Scout.

Still mounting mirrors, mudflaps and taillights.... but these two vital pieces - Fire Extinguisher & First Aid Kit - are going onboard before she hits the road as well. (I answered BOTH in the poll.)

gtsig

I keep them both in every car/truck/4wheeler just in case. Have saved one 4wheeler from burning to the ground and always someone will get hurt and have to fix them up.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two of each in the m109, one of each in the cab, and one of each in the box. I agree with Metal, if you don't properly check your equipment and rotate your first aid kit supplies, when you need them you might find them useless.

I also have an extinguisher and first aid kit in the 818. Looking to get a 10lb or heavier one to mount outside of the cab, in case a load catches fire.

rlwm211

I carry two Fire Extinguishers and will be carrying at least one first aid kit. One of the extinguishers is CO2 and the other dry chemical. One is on the outside of the cab, rear corner by the driver's door and the other in the cab between the seats. I have an S280 shelter on the back and bring one of the extinguishers inside when I am going to be inside there for an extended period of time.
I may carry a small first aid kit in the cab, and the expanded one I have in the rear.
Im am involved in incident response services as a volunteer and I do use the deuce for this service. I have several 2 way radios I normally carry and am still out fitting the shelter for this purpose.
RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks