• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Look what i drug home

Hookin1

Okay,okay don't laugh too hard :p ....I found this m715 rotting away and just had too save it :) It needs quite a bit of work body wise,but mechanical wise it is in good shape.
I don't know much about these,but all the levers work for the transfer and trans,the 4 tires hold air [thumbzup] but somebody butchered on the coil and distibutor tryin to go 12 volt aua Why i don't know cause everything else is 24 volt.It has a fiberglass hard top which i'm guessing is aftermarket.but it has a nice jeep tornado 230 engine in it. okay now with that said,pick yourself up off the floor and wipe the tears out of your eyes rofl

Attachments

67Beast

The www.m715zone.com can get you up to speed on them, but is down right now due to a server crash. Day by day we are regaining stuff there. Also a temp message board has been set up to post questions on.

Looks like a great find. To bad the tailgate is so beat up. That's one of the hardest replacement pieces to find for one. A little TLC and some fresh 24087 green and it will good as new. :D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oooof, great find Lance. I fancy the M715 but they just beg for modifications. I would love to add that to my motorpool. Aren't those chain axle clamps awesome? Lance, you must post more pics. If you tire of it I'll be in the neighborhood come August for Gravelrama and can drag it to FL.
LOL
Kenny

Hookin1

I'll post more pics of later,Kenny i'll keep you in mind if i decide to part with it.The cab is in real bad shape the floors are pretty bad,the botom of the doors are rotted out,the hood and fenders are salvageable the brush gaurd is bent pretty good and of course the tailgate. The bed other than the wrecker they mounted in the back is in good shape,still has the tool mounts on the sides and the toolbox.The running gear looks great.tried to get it started today,found out that the coil was burnt up. Reason being that whoever worked on it b-4 forgot to put the insulating washers back on the post where the wire from the coil goes to the points,alas the coil was hot all the time. fixed that and i'll get a coil tommorow.the floor starter button and starter works great,need to rebuild the carb and put a fuel pump on it and it should run fine.

Elwenil

Geez, I thought mine was rough. Ditto on the tailgate, they are a pain to find. I wonder if that one couldn't be salvaged? I guess I am one of the few that hates a hard top on a MV. Just seems to take something away from it for some reason. Looks to be decently complete, if rather modified if that is possible. You don't really, really want that BO hood lamp do you? :p

carguy455

Hookin1 said:
Okay,okay don't laugh too hard :p ....I found this m715 rotting away and just had too save it :) It needs quite a bit of work body wise,but mechanical wise it is in good shape.
I don't know much about these,but all the levers work for the transfer and trans,the 4 tires hold air [thumbzup] but somebody butchered on the coil and distibutor tryin to go 12 volt aua Why i don't know cause everything else is 24 volt.It has a fiberglass hard top which i'm guessing is aftermarket.but it has a nice jeep tornado 230 engine in it. okay now with that said,pick yourself up off the floor and wipe the tears out of your eyes rofl
Hell dude I would have bought it in a flash myself !! What was the origional color ? I think I see Astra Blue in the pics ?

67Beast

Only color they were issued in were 24087 dark od (Army) and 24052 forrest (Marines). As they were passed around they recieved all kinds of different paint jobs, Strata blue, Navy grey, and others. But the original under it all is either 24087 or 24052.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sweet Lance, you gotta get that runnin good in time for Haspin! That can be the scout truck to check out the really BIG holes :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks