• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Follow our Museum's guntruck project

srodocker

sweet! why did you guys use a dropside bed? and also how do i go abouts joining a muesum i want to join the ft lewis muesum in wa state and volunteer. they have about 8-10 tanks and various other stuff. they are remodeling until next year though :evil:

Iyaayas184

I had originally purchased this truck about 8 years ago from DRMO before GL. I sold it to a coworker a few years later who about a year ago decided that he needed more space in his drive way so donated it, in short we went with a dropside beacase it is what we had. Worked out great.

Those guys at Ft. Lewis are a great group, helped us out with some tech advice several years ago.:D

dittle

Very nice work guys, its nice to see other museums restoring artifacts to an operational level, not just a flower pot.

sweet! why did you guys use a dropside bed? and also how do i go abouts joining a muesum i want to join the ft lewis muesum in wa state and volunteer. they have about 8-10 tanks and various other stuff. they are remodeling until next year though :evil:
Any chance you get to go work at a museum on this stuff (either volunteer or paid, doesn't matter to me personally) the benefits you reap from youf time spent there are well worth the effort.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
why did you guys use a dropside bed?
...we went with a dropside because it is what we had.
On page 8 of James Lyles' Vietnam gun truck book The Hard Ride, he states that they based the 2.5t gun-trucks on all the M35 versions including the M35A2C drop-side vehicles, so it is accurate!

Congrats on a great project. A buddy of mine, Quonsethut, has built a gun truck and did a splendid job. It is very popular at shows. We did an airshow last week and it was cool having that truck in my mirror for an hour on the convoy back to Austin.
We are looking forward to displaying his truck and my V100 side by side.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks