• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Corpus Christi - WVO

rickyman355

I'm looking for WVO in Coupus Christi, TX or other people in Corpus who use Biodiesel or WVO. I just bought 55 gallons of B100 south of Houston and now I'm hooked on alternative fuels. The only problem is I can't find anyone in my area who does it, I can't find any WVO either. I've tried calling recycling centers who deal with vegetable oil but they wont sell to me. I'm about to try to get it free from some restruants but I'm not sure if it is worth it. How many gallons of WVO does a restruant make per week? If anyone lives in Corpus and has any information please let me know.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hear ya, im up in college station and was looking for the same thing. Depending on the restaurant, they could put out 5 quarts to 50 gallons a day (go Chicken Express!!). The best bet is to know a guy on the "other side of the counter" who will let you dip his vat/tank, then be nice and order take out. [thumbzup] Hope this helped some.

TexAndy

Good luck.

Most restaurants already have deals with other companies to take all of their WVO on a regular basis. And they're not going to want to upset the system they already have in place.

Now, waster motor oil on the other hand... have any friends who happen to own and drive cars?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
My WVO filter was fairly simple.....I cut the legs off a pair of blue jeans and put one inside the other. I tied off the bottom and hung them from a step ladder and poured the oil out of the cubies I recovered it in. Once I got all the big crumbs and gunk out I put it in a 25 gallon plastic drum and set it out in the (hot) Alabama sun. After a couple of days of heat treatment I pumped off all but the last few inches and mixed it 30% WMO, 30% WVO and 40% regular gas. No need to heat the veggie prior to using it in a multi-fuel.
The gas keeps the mixture from thickening up if the temp drops.

Rene M

My WVO filter was fairly simple.....I cut the legs off a pair of blue jeans and put one inside the other. I tied off the bottom and hung them from a step ladder and poured the oil out of the cubies I recovered it in. Once I got all the big crumbs and gunk out I put it in a 25 gallon plastic drum and set it out in the (hot) Alabama sun. After a couple of days of heat treatment I pumped off all but the last few inches and mixed it 30% WMO, 3D0% WVO and 40% regular gas. No need to heat the veggie prior to using it in a multi-fuel.
The gas keeps the mixture from thickening up if the temp drops.

Man, you multifuel guys would love my massive waste oil tank then.... I bet we put 30-50 gal a day in that thing.. try big Diesel repair shops they generate lots of waste oil and most have to pay to remove it.

TexAndy

Does one perform better than the other in engine performance between WVO and WMO

I know Keith_J advises against wvo for what sound like good reasons to me.

The way he explained it to me was that cooked vegetable oil acts just like boiled linseed oil. Hardens into a nice protective coating when it dries out.

Great for wood. Not so great for engines.

transman

Gotta watch how long you store that stuff waiting for the zombies. I just got steped on by the Pa. DEP for storing"waste "for more than 12 months Don't think he liked it when itold him "when the world goes to pot I'll trade energy for ammo !

TexAndy

Gotta watch how long you store that stuff waiting for the zombies. I just got steped on by the Pa. DEP for storing"waste "for more than 12 months Don't think he liked it when itold him "when the world goes to pot I'll trade energy for ammo !

Opsec.

What they don't know won't hurt you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks