• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C-130 refuels F/A 18

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Those fighters look like skeeters sucking blood...LOL... But they are some badass skeeters!! :beer:
And yes...we spell stuff differently...and correctly in the South!!!!

rwbrown72

Those fighters look like skeeters sucking blood...LOL... But they are some badass skeeters!! :beer:
And yes...we spell stuff differently...and correctly in the South!!!!
I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of those Skeeters!!! Seeing that makes me proud of our young men and women in combat. God keep them safe.

Ive never seen a Chinook with the refueling tube. Do they only come on the CH-47E adn CH-47G? Im prety sure ive seen a CH-46 Sea Knight with one and I know MH-53 Pavelow and CH-53 Super stallions have one . Those pavelows/Super Stallions are HUGE alot bigger in person then you can imagine from a photo.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Because its a tanker that would make it a KC-130. K designation for Tanker and C designation for Cargo.
No, you would not call it a KC-130, It was a J model, can't remember if that designates it as a tanker or not but i can find out when i go to work. There are more models of that airplane than letters of the alphabet so its hard to remember what each one does, let alone figure out which parts fit what year of what model and whether it was built on a thursday. Oh, i'm a sheetmetal mechanic and currently work on the C-130 and i worked on the F/A-18C and the F/A-18E (super hornet) when i was in the Navy.

steve87

No Pressure.:) You have the press and everyone else sitting there watching you tying to link up. Naval Aviators have real skill, one example, look at the difference between the Air Force and Navy and Marine Air when it comes to aerial refueling.

I dont believe the designations have changed in the last 50 years

• A - Ground Attack
  • B - Bomber
  • C - Transport
  • E - Special Electronic Mission
  • F - Fighter
  • K - Tanker
  • L - Laser-Equipped
  • O - Observation
  • P - Maritime Patrol
  • R - Reconnaissance
  • S - Antisubmarine Warfare
  • T - Trainer
  • U - Utility
  • X - Special Research
Those are just the common ones. The military has been known to deviate when it comes to specialty and prototype aircraft.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks