• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 MVPA conention-southern CA

Dieselsmoke

Heard through the grapevine that the MVPA has asked the southern CA chapters to host the 2008 MVPA convention and they have accepted the challenge 8) That's all the details I have right now but will be sure and update as I hear more.

ida34

I wanted to got to Dayton. It is only about 3 hours away. My son's boyscout troop has an outing that I have to attend and that messes up the whole thing. It will have me in PA the whole weekend.

Dieselsmoke

Gary, we missed ya at Tower man!!!!!! It was a blast:) But I won't rub it in too much, we're busy as heck now that the weather has straightened out finally so totally understand. I'll keep ya updated the more I find out.

Yup, I sure did miss it Bill but myself, and the future Mrs. Me, had to meet with the wedding planner. To make the missed event worse, I picked up my new batteries here at Napa and one of the parts drivers wanted to know what the "big a$$" batteries were for. I think he knew because when I told him an M35, he then proceeded to tell me all about the gathering (he went there - looking for an old Dodge Ambulance [not sure of the M designation]). I can't even get out of town without getting ribbed.
Speaking of new batteries. I wanted to take my old batteries (for the core charge) to NAPA so as not to make 2 trips. I undid the cables and slid the battery tray out and then unknowingly (having never hefted one battery let alone two ) hefted it out of the opening of the truck. :shock: :shock: :shock: Somebody help me!!! Wham!!
Them bastids is heavy!!! That tray hit the ground and dang near took off my foot!! Oh! MY BACK!!
What ticked me off is that I busted a small piece off of the plastic battery tray. @#)(%$)#@!!!! :twisted:
Are these trays available anywhere? Not real bad but enought to piss me off and speak in tongues out loud - it made the neighbor look over the wall. :)

I am going to try and make the small gathering(s) here once a month at Glendale Community College the second Sunday of the month. Not a large contingent but close, and they speak green. Try and get Djfreema and to go an I'll try and grab Tony - a WWII and Korean Vet that has a REO Deuce by me.

By the way as a sidebar, I caught the March Air Force base airshow on the weekend of the Tower event here so not a total loss. Got to see the new F 22 Raptor fly, a Mig 21, the F 117, a B25, a P 38, and P 51's among other things.

Dieselsmoke

Oh man, sorry to hear you broke the battey box. I haven't seen any plastic ones for sale in quite a while but last time I think they were like $75. Yep, they are heavy suckers!!
On a side note, filled up 6 brand new 6TL batteries today..six batteries took fifteen gallons of acid! But the acid was cheap, right around $20 for 15 gallons.
Also, the battery box J bolts are $6.50 EACH from Saturn who pretty much has the best prices around, but I just can't justify spending 32.50 on five bolts, plus shipping. I've found that 3/8" x 10" foundation anchor bolts work perfect, and are a whole bunch cheaper! Most hardware stores carry them.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Gary, can anyone come to the Glendale gatherings? I'm close and kinda wanna meet some other people w/military iron. It's turning into a fun hobby!

Tony

Hey Gary ,

I been out of commisson for a bit, but now back in action, not 100% but trying. Was at tower, bought some stuff for the M-135 & the M-38..Yes let go to the Glendale meet. Will call you this week end.

Tony

Yes Will, anyone can go and I have been meaning to.

I ran in to a few of the guys at a parade in Riverside 2 weeks ago. One guy had an absolutely beautifully restored Studabaker. He was even dressed in WWII garb.

Their newsgroup is here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCMVCC-list/

They meet from 8-11 am. Told me they even have some films to watch now and then. Sounds good.

Tony! Hey good to hear from you. This weekend I have to go to Riverside to meet with the Pastor (getting married on the 4th of June) but I plan on coming back Sunday so I will be hitting the parking lot on the way home. If you are up for it try and meet there.
I'll send you and email with my phone number in case you don't have it still.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks