• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alaska SF-97 Information

blybrook

For those members that are in AK, I recently dealt with the SF-97 transfer on my M105A2 and wanted to give everyone a heads up with the Fairbanks Office.

The Fairbanks DMV office manager made a one time exception, but told me that they will not accept the SF-97 in GL's name to do a transfer to an individuals name (although the website states they do this & it's all that's needed for government sales). I had to use the notary information provided to get a state title in their name from the Battle Creek DRMO to GL, then get another title transfer to get a title in my name from GL.

I think it's a little nuts to have to pay for two title transfers, but at least I walked out with a title in my name. Guess the government needs the extra funding...

Should be interesting with all the trailers available locally to see how it gets handled. Just make sure that you have all of your paperwork with you (invoice too) when going in. May help to take a print out of their website page stating to utilize the SF-97 for the transfer.

HTH someone prep for their visit to DMV.

flyusn99

I had my dad use a POA to get my Deuce registered at the office in Ketchikan and they didn't bat an eye at the SF-97. I guess it just depends on where you are and who's behind the counter...
My only issue was they dropped a zero off the GW, so now I have a 1350 pound deuce....

blybrook

Yeah, it could be the office itself. The link to the page mentioned above is: Impound Sales - DMV For some reason, they put it under the impound titling information instead of the government sales section.

Will see what happens when I go to title the 3 recent trailer purchases after I get all the paperwork...

blybrook

Update

Update - 5/17/10

Just took the SF-97's for my three recent trailer purchases and it must be whom is the manager of the minute to how they want to handle it. This time, they transferred the titles straight from the SF-97 to my name, no middle title in Gov Liquidations name... Saved $45 this go around without having to do this.

Got lucky this time with the manager on duty, didn't get their name. Had all the paperwork filled out to cover the middle transfer just in case.

HTH

Bill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks