• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV engine into H1 Hummer, Need Help

1FAST4

Run across a Military rebuilt 6.2 engine (drop-in) and want to swap it into my blown 1992 H1.

I know the HMMWV engines are set to run off 24 volts so what kind of changes/upgrades will I need to make to get the HMMWV engine to run in my H1?

I am going to do the swap myself...never done one before but feel I can tackle it.

My H1 is the limited edition and #50 off the production line. I want to keep it as stock/OEM as possible hence the reason for the 6.2 vs. 6.5/6.5TD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

jwaller

should be able to swap the glow plugs, sensors, and the top cover of the IP and you should be good. also want to swap over all your original front eng accessories.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks