• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Storage Drum Color Code

Akicita

What does the color of a 55 gal. drum indicate ?

I want to store fuel for the Deuce in these drums. Galvanized drums react with diesel fuel and flake. That may even lead to gelling given enough time.

I got four drums on Friday. Two of them are orange metal drums. These drums were originally filled with maple syrup.

I also have to blue metal drums. I have no idea what was in them.

All of them have been cleaned and I cannot detect any odor.

What kinds of drums do you all use ?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The color of the drum does not indicate content.....content should be listed on an attached (glued or taped on) label.

If it is HAZ MAT there will be a diamond shaped label in addition to the content label that denotes HAZ MAT class.

There may also be a MSDS (Material Data Safety Sheet) attached to the drum if there are special precautions to be used with the content of the drum.

You need to be aware of local ordinances in your area concerning the storage of flammable liquids......you should always have a notice on the outside of a building to let first responders know what is in there.

Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks