• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a goat fit on M1061E1 trailer

Sevo

I am looking for something I can use to haul the goat around behind a deuce. I found the XM1061E1 on GL and was wondering if it would fit? Here are the dimensions Gl lists them as.

223" x 96" x 37" and it will hold 5 tons. I know the weight is fine but how about the length? WIth what they provide the trailer is 18.5 feet.

Is anyone using one of these for this or what are you using?

Thank you

Chris

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bed is 14ft, 18.5 ft is with tounge. Don't know the wheelbase of a goat, but think it would be too long.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I move mine on a 10 ton equipment trailer. I'm pretty sure my bed is 25' long, plus 5' of beaver-tail. It fits on the flat deck, but uses it all. I'll look for a picture of it loaded on the trailer (not sure if I have one).

edit, There are a couple of pictures on this thread, of it loaded on the trailer.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/gama-goat/34991-doghead-gets-goat.html

Last edited:

Sevo

I move mine on a 10 ton equipment trailer. I'm pretty sure my bed is 25' long, plus 5' of beaver-tail. It fits on the flat deck, but uses it all. I'll look for a picture of it loaded on the trailer (not sure if I have one).

edit, There are a couple of pictures on this thread, of it loaded on the trailer.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/gama-goat/34991-doghead-gets-goat.html
thanks Dog head. Where did you pic that trailer up?

It will fit just fine in my back yard:grd:
Hey DUDE! You need to come out to the West and visit!!!!

Sevo,

i think in a jealous rage i may have to hate you for a while... just got the mrs contemplating import of the set of five with resale of four paying for a keeper..

hope they run for ya mate, flick some pics up occassionally.... even better, would forgive you if there was some decent length footage of said machines in action.....

Spock

Sevo

Sevo,

i think in a jealous rage i may have to hate you for a while... just got the mrs contemplating import of the set of five with resale of four paying for a keeper..

hope they run for ya mate, flick some pics up occassionally.... even better, would forgive you if there was some decent length footage of said machines in action.....

Spock
Hey Spoke,
Sorry man!!! I couldn't pass them up.

Ty mentioned you were talking about doing that. There are still a few left. I would like to get them all as well. But I cant swing it. I have enough projects aua

I will take a ton of pics!! I just need to get them here. I am really looking forward to getting them. I

I too hope they run.. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I wish I knew if someone has seen them in person. Anyone gone up there yet?

Kindest regards

Chris

stampy

Hey man! You flying out for Uharrie 11 days from now? We miss ya! (Ok we miss Steph's cooking...) no we miss you too... Glad to see ya back on SS.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My trailer came from a local utility company auction. It was 7 years old with poor paint and new tires and brakes. They seem to go around $1500-5000, depending on the crowd.

Sevo

Hey man! You flying out for Uharrie 11 days from now? We miss ya! (Ok we miss Steph's cooking...) no we miss you too... Glad to see ya back on SS.
Hey dude!!

Man I wish I could. I really miss you guys. I know how much fun its going to be. Please take a ton of pics.

Its good to be back. I am sorry I fell off the face of the earth, but It took me a while to get settled in and get the new job figured out. Starting over was a little more to tackle than I thought it was going to be. But all is good and I cant wait to get to back into it.

How is everything for you? What are you going to take to uharie?

Thanks for the post. Its always good to hear from you!!

stampy

Hoping to camp out in the m109 and bring the 1009 for wheeling! Hey don't be a stranger when you are on the east coast give us a yell... We will definitely do lots of pictures! Are you shipping everything out west? Man! It might be easier to sell it off here and buy new out there LOL. Hey there's an mkt in CA..... Glad all is well with the job, I hope it is everything and more than you expected.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Sevo I guess the conversation on length is on your mind, how many miles between you and the
Goats? Iwent brain dead last nite,had been up since 5AM Sunday morning and was getting foggy...
sorry I bailed out there but had to be at work at the Depot at early AM. Hope you get them home OK and remember if you are short parts PM me and I will try to get stuff out to you as soon as I can.

Thanks!!! popacom / BILL KAGIN III in KY.[thumbzup]

Sevo

Hoping to camp out in the m109 and bring the 1009 for wheeling! Hey don't be a stranger when you are on the east coast give us a yell... We will definitely do lots of pictures! Are you shipping everything out west? Man! It might be easier to sell it off here and buy new out there LOL. Hey there's an mkt in CA..... Glad all is well with the job, I hope it is everything and more than you expected.
That place has great trails. I wish I was going along for the ride!!!

I still have some stuff to sell like a house and other things. So, I will be out there for sure. Stef Graduates from Anesthesia School on may 7th. I am so proud of her. I will be out there then for her graduation but we will be busy packing the house and heading back this way.

I thought about selling it all and buying new, but the trucks I have are solid. The hospital I work for is paying for the trucks to be moved so it is a win-win for me. You know you have a problem when you negotiate your MV's to get moved in the contract ;). I just don't want to deal with GL and bidding again if you know what I mean.

Thanks you for the warm wishes. I will tell Stef you said hello and your ready for her to cook again :D.

Sevo

Well Sevo I guess the conversation on length is on your mind, how many miles between you and the
Goats? Iwent brain dead last nite,had been up since 5AM Sunday morning and was getting foggy...
sorry I bailed out there but had to be at work at the Depot at early AM. Hope you get them home OK and remember if you are short parts PM me and I will try to get stuff out to you as soon as I can.

Thanks!!! popacom / BILL KAGIN III in KY.[thumbzup]

Bill,

no worries I know what its like to have been up like that. I completly understand. I apprecaite the info and help you gave. Thank you

I will be in touch for sure. Once I get these down here I will create a list and let you know what I need.

They are 820 miles away. I was going to go get them, but with fuel costs and me having to make 2 trips its not worth it. I cannot find a 40+ gooseneck that I can rent aua.. So that is the limiting factor in this. I have a truck to pull it just not one I can use.

Bill,

no worries I know what its like to have been up like that. I completly understand. I apprecaite the info and help you gave. Thank you

I will be in touch for sure. Once I get these down here I will create a list and let you know what I need.

They are 820 miles away. I was going to go get them, but with fuel costs and me having to make 2 trips its not worth it. I cannot find a 40+ gooseneck that I can rent aua.. So that is the limiting factor in this. I have a truck to pull it just not one I can use.
Cover the airfare and i guess i could drive one home for ya.... [thumbzup]

Spock

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks