• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wire harness Help

poof

Dirty Hippie
hello all.. im in need of help from the Wire Guru's
I have a bowl of noodles

so far I have managed to get all my lights to work properly..
I have no dash guages working.. but dash lights work proper .
this is the diagram i am working with...
I took a picture of the things in question..

and drew a diagram of what I have now with numbered wires and where they are going to now...along with unnumbered , i have no clue wires..

I see 3 circuit breakers on the diagram but i only have 2 located on the dash/fire wall... the top one is not there, i beleive it is for the horn..

On my drawing top (heater switch.).. there is a resistor on the out side wall, next to that is a circuit breaker, that is being used in conjunction with the rotery on/off switch.
but I dont see that breaker in the wire diagram. Is it part of the heater kit?
heater is a hot water heater on passenger side foot well.....

On back of dash panel guage cluster.. I have one wire loose, taged #33 and one un marked wire going into wire harness.. i belive i will match these two..for now..
I found, while doing vaccuum hoses yesterday.. that a Ground Strap from the Vacuume pump is off from the frame... so I will be regrounding that,

I need the plug for my break lights , it go's to the hydrolic switch... I do not have the plug.. any one have that plug with a pig tail to tie into. lying around.. LMK what you need for it..i atached a picture of what is under my dash what i need plugs into this..pic jeep014

the fuel pump is wired to a switch on the dash.. i dont see that on the diagram either..but it it works now to start jeep.

so senerio is.. I can start the jeep and drive it.. I have all my lights working properly.. except Brake lights.( need plug).. I have no guages working only the speedo.. no horn... no heater motor running...

I would really like to have guages working.

so if my my drawings and description havent confused you more than the wires have me..
HELP.. Please

if its easyer to call and talk, send me an Email and i will call you on my dime.
Thank you

J.P.

P.S. looking for a siren too.

Attachments

m38inmaine

The wiring for the heater won't be shown in the diagram, you have to go to the heater install in the tm which shows that. I looked for the brake plug but no go. I do have a circuit breaker. I will have to dig out my M151 TM and look over the wiring, perhaps a call on the weekend when my minutes are free to talk it over.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If m38inmaine and you don't get her figured out give me a PM and I will try and help. I have built
a bunch of these trucks and worked on a ton more, so I know it can be frustrating at times.
But thats the beauty of SS ,we can put together more info on these older trucks than probably
the ARMY can LOL!!!:mrgreen:
Thanks popacom /BILL KAGIN III in Ky.:driver:

cstaup

Poof, you prolly are not hooked into the gauge harness, circut 27 I think. That said that circut uses one of the breakers another is the horn, I forget the third.

Yup I dont have the manual in front of me. You should have 24 volts at circuit 27. Does the battery gauge work? if so you should have voltage there.

Don't get this wrong but I suggest you take this to the g838.org. Let them know what you have stated here. I garuntee that you will get more good answers than you can deal with.

Good luck.

poof

Dirty Hippie
up date.. got every thing but fuel guage to work for me... still need the two hole hydrolic break plug to get my brake lights working..
fuel guage went from flopping around to either MT when power off to Full when power on... and when i tapped face of it i gos a spark and a bit of smoke.. so I stopped there and havent farted with ant more yet...

the generator guage shows that im over charging just to the point of needle toughing the red...any adjustments I can make?
OK later. J.P.

cstaup

Poof,

I thought that you would get a plug . I have one you can have for the shipping cost. Looks as though you fuel sending unit was bad. You can check i by moving the float up ...the resistance should go up as well. You sure that the gauge was connected properly? You should get 28 volts while the truck is running. I don't always trust the gauge.

Chris

poof

Dirty Hippie
Latest update... Fuel guage is sending a good reading... but found out that there is no Float on the rod... wounder where that went... took tank off and did a clean out on it... I must be loosing my mind.. I will get a ship too address for the Brake plug ...

Have all the wires figured out now... only have one left.. and its for power to the heater......
horn works .. the wire in the steeering colum was broken.. and when the last owners had wired up a fuel pump switch.. they they used one of the horn power wires.. Bill I will send you an address... Chris if bill cant locate one. Ill contact you on a PM..
Thanks ..
J.P.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks