• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Florida Title Process?

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I applied for the SF-97 the day after I got my truck and just received a couple of forms in the mail from GL. I have to add some information and sign them. One was application for title without registration; the other was a motor vehicle title reassignment supplement. I'm supposed to mail it back to GL; they process it and then send it to the state of Florida. Then I get my title directly from the state.

I was under the impression that you received the title after filling out the SF-97 on-line. I don't remember anyone mentioning you receive documents to sign and return. Is this something new?

ChevyC60

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This process has been around for at least a year in Florida I believe.
Just make sure the vin numbers are correct on the paper work because that is what you will get on the title. I have this issue with a truck because I didn’t pay attention to the detail.
In a way it is nice as no hassling with the tag agency. You will get your title in the mail.

scrapman

Yeah, the additional paper is normal. Just like a new puppy, your "new" truck will require a little more paper and money than you thought.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The title being already in my name will be a plus. I'm getting tried of having to wade through paper work. It will be good for the ordeal to come to the end...

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright!!!! The title was in the mail today. Only about 17 days since I sent the paper work back to GL.

Now all I have to do is get the tag, finish the brakes, and start cruising!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks