• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where to find ramsey 50 winch parts

BillF

I just picked up a Ramsey 50 winch. However it needs a rebuild. Anyone know where I can find parts such as seals, bearings, gaskets, and some other internal parts?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are no parts available for those, your best bet is just to sell it to me ;-)

Seriously, bring whatever bearings and seals you need to a bearing supply house and see what they can cross over. Other parts may have to be machined from scratch.

Oh, and of course we need to see pictures!

Welcome to the exclusive Ramsey 50 owner's club!

BillF

Here is a picture of the winch. Cant wait to get it mounted to my m38. I need to sell the civvy pto winch I have so I can buy the mount and rebuld parts for the 50.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is it!!!! About $3000 sitting there. PM me if you need drawings to make the frame.

BillF

I am not good at welding so I wont be able to make the frames. I know there is a guy and Canada that makes them and I have a price from him, but I would love to get one cheaper than that. I paid way way less than $3000 for it.

BillF

I should have my parts back from the machine shop on Tuesday. I ordered the seal, a couple of gaskets, and the bearings all from ramsey. Getting the winch apart was really hard, everything was frozen. I still have a few more issues to correct with it as well before it goes all back together. Maybe by next weekend the winch will be back together.

BillF

I did try them, prices where to high, and the parts they have are nothing I really need. I think I have located the correct pto, and hanger bearing. If I can get those I only need the u-joints and the really hard to find shifter lock.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Incredible restoration. For everyone else, when you find one of these on someone's hunting rig, swap them a brand new Warn and put the Ramsey 50 on ebay, and watch the bidding war begin. These winches are the holy grail of accessories for the army jeep crowd.

BillF

heck just a used pto alone will sell for over $700 if it is the ramsey 105a. I dont have that yet, have a lead on one however.

wesk

Can one of you guys post the National, or CR part numbers for the two drum seals Ramsey # 99 and the worm gear seal Ramsey # 215?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks