• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hooks base support?

jimm1009

Does anyone know if GL has a forklift at the Hooks Texas base.
I have two M105 trailers to pick up and will probably do the flipped transport technique if I can use the forkilft or they will run the fork lift for me.
jimm1009

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They used a small forklift to load some light kits on pallets for me last year. But they also recently sold a pile of 5-ton trailers that were stacked, so they must have a forklift capable of unstacking those trailers.

bryan70546

it all depends on what part of hooks your trailers are at , the area i went to they had a fork lift but it was a small one , but take my word for it you do not want them loading the trailers for you Mr.Jim the kid that attemped to load mine smashed both my airlines on one trailer and the trailer light hook up on the other , both the airlines and the trailer light hook up were new the kid had no clue to waht he was doing . luckey for me Justin Wehring showed up and used his jeep with a pintel hook and just back um on . Good luck

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds like the forklift operator that loaded my light kits. I think he was only one step above a banjo picker on the banks of the Chattahoochee river.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was down there three weeks ago and they were absolutely no help in any way, what should have taken 45 min. with a fork truck took me three hours using my winch. Take everything you will need to make the recovery. I guess they will have to help with the double stacked trailers, but don't expect anything else! I only buy single trailer there now, no more loading up the car hauler for me.
James

Alredneck

Banned
Who dont like a Banjo!:cookoo: ( tune from deliverance plays )

Not wanting to side track but hey, anybody on here by the big crane truck that ended yesterday from there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks