• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Payment to GL

flyxpl

when is payment made and how . Do they charge my card on file when they are ready for payment ? I just do not see anywhere on the site to give me an option to actually make the payment .
Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:

blybrook

When you bid, you told them which card to use from the ones on file. They will bill that card within 3 days of close of sale for the items you won. As soon as payment & any other paperwork clears, you will get the paid in full invoice.

The only way to change it is when you are making a bid or by calling them.

HTH

Bill

flyxpl

thanks , that is what I thought happened . I did not see the payment status icon last night after auction closing . I see it now .

scrapman

Once you have put your card on file with GL there is no option. If you are the high bidder your card will be charged that evening. No time for "buyers remorse" to develop without having to pay a penalty.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you can call them after you bid but before the end of auction and arange alternete payment to be payed within 5 days of auction close but they must approve it

flyxpl

what had me worried was the statement " payment must be made within 3 days " as if I needed to do something . At the time of bidding I did enter the card I wanted to use . I have not seen the charge on my card yet . They told me to give it until midnight tonight to show up . No buyers remorse here !!! I am happy with what I got . I have the patience to wait until the lowboy shows up with my trucks . I have plenty of other toys to play with in the meantime .

jimm1009

O.K. Enough teasing here.
Can you show us pictures of your new O.D. Green toys? :jumpin:

What will be on the lowboy trailer when it pulls up?

jimm1009 :-D

Alredneck

Banned
3day? More like charge your card in 3minutes from the end of the sale, they love taking your money but take forever when they have to give it back!

LanceRobson

You can contact the customer service folks and change your account so that your credit/debit card is never charged automatically.

I use a debit card and my bank freaks out if someone tries to charge $3,500 or more and they don't have the card to swipe and the bank doesn't know the charge is coming. The bank originally had a $2,500 limit and raised it for me. If I let the bank know a larger charge is coming they will honor it but their databse is set up to hold that window open for only a few days.

Now, after I win something and get the first "official" invoice, which sometimes takes a day or two, I can decide whether to send a cashiers check or call the bank and have GL use the card.

Lance

Has anyone use Paypal to pay for an auction? If so could you fill me in on how it went down? Will I get the chance to choose which card or bank account that is affiliated with my paypal to use? I have several different cards saved to my paypal.

Im worried because I wanna put the money on a certain card. If it trys to pull from my bank account im going to overdraft.

dozer1

And now, commence twiddling ur thumbs...sounds like another 1st time EUC guy like myself. I am at around 45ish days and waiting patiently. I mean just waiting

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone use Paypal to pay for an auction? If so could you fill me in on how it went down? Will I get the chance to choose which card or bank account that is affiliated with my paypal to use? I have several different cards saved to my paypal.

Im worried because I wanna put the money on a certain card. If it trys to pull from my bank account im going to overdraft.
I've had that same question. Also, how would you pay with two different accounts if you were paying with paypal? I'm going to try the online chat today and get some answers..but dont hold your breath.

FT, I did the online chat. All she told me was they will submit the request for payment to paypal. Beyond that she didn't know how it works. I guess I will be the Guinea pig, and report back my findings.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FT, I did the online chat. All she told me was they will submit the request for payment to paypal. Beyond that she didn't know how it works. I guess I will be the Guinea pig, and report back my findings.
God speed good sir. Let me know when something happens, I've got two weeks until "Go-time" anyway.

flyxpl

when you get into your paypal account to pay GL you have the option to select or change payment method . At that point you can change from your bank account on file or a credit card . Paypal usually defaults to the bank account on file , so to use a credit card you will have to use the change payment option .
Still waiting on my first EUC to clear also .
Joe

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
when you get into your paypal account to pay GL you have the option to select or change payment method . At that point you can change from your bank account on file or a credit card . Paypal usually defaults to the bank account on file , so to use a credit card you will have to use the change payment option .
Still waiting on my first EUC to clear also .
Joe
Yeah, thats standard paypal. I just wish it was possible to split payment into two different accounts through paypal is all.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From Fridays auction.
My card has not had the GL payment posted yet.
but my available credit limit has dropped by the amount of the bill.
Wondering if this is something new as it has been just over a year since the last time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks