• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38-Hi Helen

comdiver

Does anybody know anything about an M38 with 11.00-20 tires and wheels that was tested? It was nick named Hi Helen. Any photos?

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I notice those are 6 lug rim centers. Is that standard fare for the M38 or was there some kinda trickery going on?

Rick

frank1669

I notice those are 6 lug rim centers. Is that standard fare for the M38 or was there some kinda trickery going on?

Rick
I never heard of this jeep until I read the original post I would venture a guess that they are m211 axles The stock Willy's axles would not hold up to a 44" tall tire and the stock brakes would have a hard time stopping it. Also unless they widened the axles significantly it would not be able to steer. All i found was the photo, but no history on the jeep. hopefully the original poster can enlighten us on this Jeep.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
IN "U.S. Military Wheeled Vevicles" by Fred Crismon, page 225, there is 2 pics and a small write up of HI-HELEN

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks