• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unimog SEE sold on EBAY today......

saddamsnightmare

April 14th, 2010.

The Unimog SEE on EBAY sold this afternoon for $18,999.00! Looks like I'm gonna have to either have a rich relative croak and leave me their estate, or hit the lottery, nothing else is gonna get that kinda cash quick. I think a serviceable SEE would be fairly useful around the old estate or farm, as they can travel quicker then a rubber tired tractor on the highway and are fairly agile...... OR really hit the lotto and buy a new HMEE tractor!:idea:

Oh, well, another day in Paradise and nothing happening.:shock:

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-?

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sure looks like a nice one. When you consider what a decent 406 with loader and hoe goes for (ok, 'went' for a couple of years ago) that's a lot of machine for the money.

Hang in there Kyle, one has your name on it.:grd:

Bob

April 14th, 2010.

The Unimog SEE on EBAY sold this afternoon for $18,999.00! Looks like I'm gonna have to either have a rich relative croak and leave me their estate, or hit the lottery, nothing else is gonna get that kinda cash quick. I think a serviceable SEE would be fairly useful around the old estate or farm, as they can travel quicker then a rubber tired tractor on the highway and are fairly agile...... OR really hit the lotto and buy a new HMEE tractor!:idea:

Cheers,

M1075

Kyle, if you really wanted one, you should have got one from GL @ Hooks. That is where these ebay ones came from. About 25% of the ebay price IIRC. Oh well, there might be more in the future!

saddamsnightmare

April 15th, 2010.

Gents:

First I have to get an honest job, being unemployed is not all that it's cracked up to be..... BUT the diesel SEE's have to be at least as useful as the S404.114's plus the digging equipment. I had a 1500 LB dogbox to move this week (for a Saint Bernard with running water, lights, insulation and a floor drain hooked to a sewer (I swear!)- but no AC, must have been an oversight by the builder, and all I could do was move it on rollers to a civillian low trailer, as my tractor could not begin to lift it as high as the deuce or Unimog bed. At least the deuce had no problem rolling it onto the trailer in 4wheel drive... heck, I didn't even feel the weight back there....

Last time I was at Red River they had some very lovely SEE's and a field of recondition desert tan M35A2's, 5 tons, HEMTT's, Bradley's, a regular OD smorgasbord....
When the work turns up, I'll look again, but apparently the EBAY one did not have a title as the Army considered it construction equipment, not a truck....

Thanks for the commiseration, Gents, have a fun and safe weekend (NOW that tax-time is drawing to a close)....

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan[thumbzup]

professorpg

April 14th, 2010.

Cheers,

I got it from C&C Equipment and I bought a trailer and the hydraulic tools for it also. . I was looking for a small front loader and back hoe. The price was right to do the job I need it for. When I saw that it could be a truck too, well, that was the clincher. When I looked online and seen the rock climbing, mud running, etc. I was amazed that I had never heard of a Unimog before. I hope to get it delivered May 1st. Clinton, from C&C has been extremely helpful to me since I know nothing about this kind of equipment.
Ps. I have a Dnepr with a sidecar. It is 2-wheel drive.
professorpg

bguy193

Good buy, You can't go wrong with C&C Equipment..... I saw the unimogs when I was there, thats where I just bought my deuce. Clinton and his father are great people and very eager to help. I would suggest them to anyone in the market for a good machine. Thumbs up to C&C.

SixSpeed

Banned
I got it from C&C Equipment and I bought a trailer and the hydraulic tools for it also. . I was looking for a small front loader and back hoe. The price was right to do the job I need it for. When I saw that it could be a truck too, well, that was the clincher. When I looked online and seen the rock climbing, mud running, etc. I was amazed that I had never heard of a Unimog before. I hope to get it delivered May 1st. Clinton, from C&C has been extremely helpful to me since I know nothing about this kind of equipment.
professorpg
Congratulations on the purchase, and like TennMogger said, welcome to the world of Unimogs!

Always nice to have another one running around Florida as well!

Billy Bobbed

Ps. I have a Dnepr with a sidecar. It is 2-wheel drive.
professorpg
I just got back from C&C today.I just bought another trailer from him.I saw your truck and trailer,looks nice.I saw the double deuce he sold a month ago or so.It was shipped back because the new owner turned on the winch and it went into the radiator.Then they drove it 45 miles and messed up the head.Insurance paid $20,000 dollar damage.Och

m109guy

I would love to pickup one of those SEE's yet just for the truck without the front bucket or backhoe attachments. That would make an awesome little trail truck ;)

saddamsnightmare

April 25th, 2010.

Professorpg:

Congratulations on the win, all I can do at present is look and drool (some people say I drool (or droll) constantly, but that's another story for another time):shock:. However, you will find the SEE a most useful machine, but a not very fast truck (at least with the implements on). The Unimog was, and is, a most unique machine, much more capable then most American pickups, particularly in tyhe off road environment. Take your time to learn the truck, and you will be a complete Unimog addict when you are done. And thanks for telling us who the lucky devil was.... Now you will find this site most useful for information and parts sources.:D

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
FYI, I got it from a dead on source that the SEE and HMMH's will be going through a rebuild program effective immediate. Bottom line is we will probably not see one for awhile.

Saying that, there will probably be 100 hit GL next week just to make me feel like a doofus.

ccequipment

Thanks for all the response guys, get them while you can, they have been selling faster then I can get them ready. 4 have went to canada already, seems our dollar is down up there.

m109guy

Thanks for all the response guys, get them while you can, they have been selling faster then I can get them ready. 4 have went to canada already, seems our dollar is down up there.
Really? Maybe I will have to visit these people up here to see these things in person ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks