• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auction Frequency?

Seth_O

I would like to buy a deuce, and I see that only one of the GL locations within driving distance of me has any available (Clearfield UT.) 19 vehicles set to open 04/20, and close 04/22. Not sure I am ready to pull the trigger on my purchase just yet, but I am worried that another set of these won't come up within driving distance again for a long time.

How often do lots of these tend to come up? I noticed there were none available any closer to me (UT is still 650 miles away....)

If I pass on this oppty, am I likely to have a long wait for another shot at it? Not willing to ship from the East Coast, I am in Sacramento, CA.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seth,
I agree with srodocker, check the Barstow lots and the stuff in Washington state. There are lots of folks on the west coast that should be able to give you tips on recovery, and a few dealers, Boyce, Idaho, etc. where you could purchase one with a title, ready to go. Might cost a little more up front, but far fewer roadside mechanical skill opportunities on your way home.2cents

steelandcanvas

French Camp, right outside your backdoor, has trucks occaisionally. Dieselsmoke is in Auburn, and he has vehicles occaisionally also. Did you check the Classifieds here?:driver:

Seth_O

I did check the classifieds, couldn't find anything much closer than UT. Tks for the info on Dieselsmoke, I wasn't aware of that one. Auburn is about 20mins away :).

No dice right now on Barstow, Mclellen, French Camp, or anything closer than Clearfield. Do these things turn over fairly quickly? Listening to the couple of posts I've had on here makes it sound like more trucks could show up, and in better locations, within the next couple of months?

French Camp, right outside your backdoor, has trucks occaisionally. Dieselsmoke is in Auburn, and he has vehicles occaisionally also. Did you check the Classifieds here?:driver:

markmontana

Last December I took the plunge and decided to buy a deuce. It felt like I had to hurry up and buy- if not, they would all be gone and I would miss out forever. Man- it was panic city. I was wrong...lesson learned.

Well, after I got the first one out of the way, there have been TONS of trucks for sale on GL and elsewhere. So my advice would be to take your time, don't be in a rush to get your first one, but be ready to buy when you find one that you like and want.

We don't have the selections and volume that they have back east and south, but we also don't have as many bidders, either- so we do ok. Lots of good trucks for sale in SoCal- not that far for you.

Barstow just finished a sale with several good trucks- and a few of them may not clear the EUC process, so they will re-list, so there will be more in the future.

Be patient

Seth_O

Tks for the counsel. I am unfamiliar with this, so not sure how/when inventory refreshes (read a lot of posts where folks were getting panicky in late '09 that the supply from the reserves were going to start drying up) and still working out how likely I am to see that 'great deal' again in 3 mos, vs it being a one-time oppty that's gone if I miss it.

Learning curve for a new subject, advice is definitely appreciated.

Last December I took the plunge and decided to buy a deuce. It felt like I had to hurry up and buy- if not, they would all be gone and I would miss out forever. Man- it was panic city. I was wrong...lesson learned.

Well, after I got the first one out of the way, there have been TONS of trucks for sale on GL and elsewhere. So my advice would be to take your time, don't be in a rush to get your first one, but be ready to buy when you find one that you like and want.

We don't have the selections and volume that they have back east and south, but we also don't have as many bidders, either- so we do ok. Lots of good trucks for sale in SoCal- not that far for you.

Barstow just finished a sale with several good trucks- and a few of them may not clear the EUC process, so they will re-list, so there will be more in the future.

Be patient

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seth,
One other thing that could make a great deal of difference for you. Find something else that requires an EUC that you can buy as soon as possible - something that does not cost a lot to purchase or have shipped. Here's why. Your first EUC takes the most time (usually) and as Mark pointed out, some of the Barstow trucks may default because their EUC's take too much time to clear. If you already have a cleared EUC, it will be much easier and faster on the next ones. YMMV.

velociT

You can't mention upcoming auctions publicly. Private message only.

You'll understand if someone posts the locations and trucks you're bidding on, only to see an influx of bidders.

WyoDeuce

I watch the Utah auctions regularly. I am like you and want my bids to be reasonably close. I try to stay with states that touch WY. Clearfield Utah has lots of stuff up for auction. 2 or 3 months ago they auctioned quite a few M35A2's and several M35A3's. Be patient. I watched auctions for a year before I found my deuce in SD. There were several others I could have bid on but they were not in as good a shape. Happy Bidding. :grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks