• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Opinion

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a M880 for sale,
Pro's
very minimal rust.
drivers cab corner (rocker) both front fenders at bottom 3 sq in each.
frame & underside sheet metal very clean.
body pretty straight
black out lights present
48,000 on odometer

Con's
Fire Dept red, totally dry rotted original goodyears
wrong back bumper, no tailgate no troop seats / top bows
front bumper beyond repair, steering box so worn it appears ready to break.
a couple old patches on floor board. floor bent up, looks like from a jack slipping off t-case??? pass side rocker bent up, rotted exhaust, incorrect air cleaner housing pass front fender has been replaced with used civilian one.
electric fuel pump next to disconnected fuel pump.
Siren in grill

Pro or Con ?
rebuild tag on transfer case,

Whats a fair price?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, Bob, thats subjective. Considering the low cost of the M880 I would presume not much. Also probably wouldn't cost much to get it back right either. I think Colemans for example has front bumpers for like $20. SECO in GA has a row of them, $600 ea. I would say $500 is a right price. Some folks wouldn't give you a plug nickle for one. I gauge what I pay on what I could sell it for in the end so I don't take too big of a bath on it. In a way I'm glad they have little worth in the world. I want another one and when the time comes, I won't be spending too much money.

N1265

If you could get it for $500 it would be great.... as long as it did not have any electrical problems. ( I hate trying to figure them out ) any road worthy 4wd truck is worth at least that much in my neighbor hood.

I just converted my M880 over to 16s... if anybody needs any 16.5 tires already mounted on rims just let me know.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well his asking price is $2195, it is about 70 miles away from me.

Ken, Any more info on
Colemans for example has front bumpers for like $20. SECO in GA has a row of them, $600 ea.
Anyway I had called this guy Friday and asked his lowest possible price, told him there was no way it was worth over $1500, He said he'd part it out first. He called back last night saying he'd take $1500.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$1500 is quite high for an M880. My opinion is only exceptional ones bring that money. I sold my M887 for $1000 and it was rust free. I can't find that bumper, maybe they sold out. Saturn has em but no price. As far as SECO, last I spoke they had a row of them. Probably 8 or more, your pick at $600. they are in Agusta GA.

N1265

Bob,

I gladly bought my M880 for $2300. It was in good orginal shape,with the troop seats and cargo cover.

( you can see a pic of it in the photo section of this forum and I can send you more of what the truck looked like when I bought it )

I would be willing to bet that the price of the truck you described would drop to $1000 in a couple of weeks. remember there are only a select groop of people who are really interested in the M880s. To the rest of the world it is nothing more than an old pickup truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks