• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton with mack engine?

derby

I have located a 5 ton cargo and a 5 ton dump.they both have turbo mack engines (6 cyl).are these an original military setup,or are they something some one stuffed in there?I have not talked to the owner yet ,as they are closed on the weekend.just wanted info before I call.if they are original are they any good ?I have not seen any other MV with this engine.can it be replaced with a multifuel if it failed.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter

lacoda56

Good lord man, there's gotta be some kinda law against even thinking about replacing an awesome Mack engine with a multifuel. As for being any good, just ask anyone who drove them in the Viet Nam era. More power, higher torque, and longer lasting besides. The A1 series still bring better prices than the multi's. Yeah, I'm opinionated, but 15 years in a Mack shop will do that to ya. Good luck with getting one or both of the trucks you mentioned, and barring previous serious neglect, I don't think you'll have to worry about a mack failing.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I couldn't have said it better myself. They only made them that for two years, most were built by Kaiser-Jeep in '66-'67. If you pull that engine, you are really downgrading the truck.

dg with two Mack-powered 5-tons.

AMGeneral

5 ton with Mack engine

I have to agree with everyone else on this one,The Mack engine is far better than the NHC-250 Cummins or the LDS 465 in my humble opinion,having had all three in 5 tons I would take the Mack 2 to 1 over the others

CGarbee

Dang... and I really want a five ton dump to go along with my XM708, but that is a bit far for me to go (assuming that you got the cargo for yourself...) :)

derby

OK.....OK......I see that the the Mack engine is good .Sorry to offend anyone.well any way I contacted the guy today and his price for the dump was way out of my range.the cargo was not as bad ,but I realy wanted to find a good dump ,with a good price(if there is such a thing!)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks