• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will water filters filter WMO?

deuceinaround

Hey guys,
I've been thinking of using polypropylene whole house water filters to filter WMO. Maybe 3 of them inline to filter down to 3 microns,the replacment cartridges are just $2 to $4, but this sounds way to easy though. Will oil pass through somthing like this? Can anybody tell me why this won't work?????? :cookoo: Just a crazy idea,but thanks for any help!!

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used the whole house water filer housing that you buy at Home Depot. Use the string filters. I don't remember the micro rating but I never had any problems. Only thing to watch out for is the WVO will swell the o-ring on the filter housing so you may have to change it when you change the filter. I changed the filter fast so I could get it back together.

deuceinaround

Hey, thanks guys!
That's just what I wanted to know.

I've been looking at them at Lowes and some sites on the internet. I have been thinking about a water separator, too.The string filters are so cheap and you can get them anywhere from 100 to 1 microns. I figured it would be a very cost effective way of filtering.

I will post pics when I get the whole system up an running. I have a 250 gal tank I'm going to put on a m105 and use an air diaphragm pump which will hopefully run off the trucks air to transfer oil into the tank. Then when I get home just filter it out of the tank into the truck as I need it.

Anybody got any better ideas of suggestions???? Thanks!

Last edited:

Josh

The fuel/water seperators i use cost about 15 bucks each, and ive gotten over 250 gallons threw it. It has a drain cock on the bottom, and after each drum, I drain the filter.

deuceinaround

Do you mind giving me some more info on your fuel/water separator you use? Where did you get it??? $15 bucks sounds good cause I'm on a budget and I'm trying to get somthing put together so I can quit feeding the thing $20 in diesel every time I leave the driveway :shock:.

Thanks

Josh

I got them, from Napa, The pump system isnt at my house, when I go do some stuff today, I'll get some numbers off everything for you.

beanman1

iwoild like to build a wmo filter i have a buddy that runs a lube shop up the street from me so i can get an endless supply of waste motor oil but if i cannot run my m1009 on it what would the use of it be

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks