• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heavy horse..

nm190

Lorax: Aluminium, 11 metric tonnes.

BKubu: Yes, Leo 1.

Rockman: Yep, i love it!

wreckerman: And that's good, it consumes about 30liters pr european mile.

fuzzytaster: i've got all the sandbox i need.8)

Attachments

Last edited:

nm190

Sizes

nm190 - very cool machine! What is the span of the bridgeand what is the total weight of the machine? Thanks CT
It's about 50 metric tonnes, the bridge is 26 meters and can be laid over a gap of 24meters. The loadcarrying weight is Military Load Class 70, that means it can take your main battletanks and also the wolverine(with the bridge on).

It's got the 10 cyl, 37.4liter MTU MB 838 CaM 500 witch is of my knowledge one of the only engines (with this particular chassi) made for acoustic camouflage. The engine's choked to around 800hp but is capable of delivering over 1000 (funfact: the cooling fan delivers about 100hp:-D).
Torque: 2860Nm at 1500rpm

With the bridge on it's about 4meters tall and 4meters wide, so passing truckers on narrow norwegian roads at wintertime is a blast!!

For armament we're sporting the successor of Hitlers chainsaw, the MG3.

It's better than delivering pizza anyway...:wink:

Varyag

Those things are so fun to watch going down the tank trail. They rock like crazy when it gets rough. We had a 104 following us at Ft Hood trying to keep up with our a2s. He got into some wahoos, nosed in and stopped dead. Looked really painful.

nm190

Right on!

Those things are so fun to watch going down the tank trail. They rock like crazy when it gets rough. We had a 104 following us at Ft Hood trying to keep up with our a2s. He got into some wahoos, nosed in and stopped dead. Looked really painful.
The whole trick is to gather speed, and keep it, so when the guns brake their ass off, you lift your right foot a little bit and grin. :)
About the faceplants.., they're unavoidable some times, you're driving a vehicle (in my case) whose chassi is carrying approx 10 m-tonnes more than it was designed for, at a point of balance that's totally unheard of. Kinda like driving a small flat really.:cookoo:
But, when you emerge from the forest at full speed, carrying enough "treeline" to build a cabin, making the "panzers" on top of the guns cheer..., it's worth it. [thumbzup] :cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks