• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1, 1953 or 1954?

3645joe

I purchased an M38A1, that does not have a title. I am going to title this vehicle, but I have a question. The data plate has a date of manufacture of 12/53. In the civilian world, that would make this a 1954, but I know the military is different, so would it be a 1953, or 1954. The serial # is 69578, any help would be great, I just want to title it correct. Thanks, Joe

68t

joe, if it has the hinges on the grill to let grill down , and the thumb screw for the battery cover , have the title made for a 53, but if not make it for 54 . wendell

txdodge43man

Might want to check with the guy on G503 . I thought only the 1952 modles have the thumb screw barttery box cover my dad has a 1953 and it has hinges on the grill but has the latch type battery cover. I would title it a 53 I have a late 1942 /early 1943 WC 51 and its titled 1944 so its really up to you. Pictures might help

modified

1953 Korean War ended. something to consider as well.

Check in with WillysmJeeps.com
They are compiling a database with serial # and issue date.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks