• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy, new Goat owner.

BillIdaho

Hi guys! I am the official new guy here. I have an A2 MUTT, with a M416 and a M762 for it. I also have an M54A2C, pulling an M101 trailer. Anyway, I accumulated a 1973 M561. It appears to have been a radio/communications unit, due to all the holes drilled on the seat area of the carrier, the holes drilled where the corner antenna mounts go, and the 100 amp aternator. The little brackets that hold the LS454 speakers are/were still in place. There were several large brackets of some type bolted in the carrier, about where your heels would be if you were sitting down in the troop seat area, so that pretty well ruled out it having an S-250 shelter on it.
I am currently restoring it to its original configuration. I could sure use some good photos of the radio setup. Probably a couple of RT 246's, RT524's, and a few R442's, I would imagine.
I also have some serious center axle problems, the center axle is shot, as is the brake drum, the yoke and the axle itself. Wonderful, just wonderful.......
Oh well, I am looking forward to exchanging knowledge. If anyone needs advise on how to sink money into MV's, I'm your man.

eddiec

hi bill. welcome. i know it is a long drive, but there is a mv yard down here with quite a few goats in it. no engines or trannys, but plenty of axles, and body parts. and if you know where to look while there, a complete trailer, bows and cover included.

BillIdaho

Whereabouts is this yard you speak of? Actually, if it is near Indiana, I have a brother that lives in Peoria, Il. He would be more than glad to drive over and get some stuff for me. AND, I sure might be interested in an extra carrier, which I would accidentily turn into a "trailer" to pull behind my Goat. A guy did it over in California and it turned out pretty nifty. I ordered a gaggle of TM's on CD, and as soon as they show up, I will be able to determine exactly what I need as far as my center axle problems.
THANKZ!!

BillIdaho

Well, I have had zero luck finding a picture of the radio setup, and actually found out what specific comm system it probably had ( A GRC-106).

Does anyone know if there are sponson plates that go under the MT1029/MT1898/ GRC-106 mounts, similar to the plates underneath the mounts on a MUTT? If not, I can start mounting those, and at least get that much done. I still haven't been able to find a proper radio installation picture, (or TM) for this thing.
Thanks guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks