• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wood stain as a fuel

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The local building thrift store has gallons of wood stain in various shades for 50 cents to $1 a gallon. I know wood stain and other wood prep products are flammable, I was wondering, besides the obvious staining of the fuel filters, is there anything against using wood stain as a fuel in the deuce? Probably a dumb question....but I'm taking a gamble here.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you related to WM? :confused:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess when that crap starts to dry in the tank you could always dump some lacquer thinner in the there to loosen it up.[thumbzup]

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Are you related to WM? :confused:
You two biiiiite me.

You try one little experiment with laquer thinner and you get a bad rep.

If you put enough WMO in it it works fine.

Ref the stain question.....if you can filter the solids out what is left should be fuel grade....that being said I would only use it after I was out of WMO, waste veggie oil, stale diesel, stale gasoline and anything else I have stashed away for an emergency.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks