• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lost Pre GL Era SF-97,Who Do I Contact At DRMO?

colt1911

:lost:I purchased a deuce and a half back in 1999 from a DRMO auction at Fort Carson,CO (pre GL era) and now i cannot find where or what i did with the SF-97.I have read here in SS forum posts informing members searching for an SF-97 how to contact GL to request an SF-97.Since my SF-97 was issued in the old days directly from DRMO I need to know where and how would i go about requesting a new SF-97.Additionally,i never bothered to title the deuce here in New Mexico because we just used it on the ranch and on back country roads.Any guidance on how and from who do i request a new SF-97 would be greatly appreciated.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Unless you have connections at a DRMO somewhere, you are out of luck for getting a SF97. I would try a title service such as Broadway Title.

Westech

CPL
yup there is no way to get one from the GOV. like what was stated above or get it inspected by your state and get a title from them. I have done that a couple times.. lots of running around and paperwork but it can be done.

papercu

Was the EUC such a pain back
Define "pain". The G/L process is very painless. You have to remember all you hear about are the few that go bad.
Back then you were completely on your own, no on-line help and everything done by fax. Now a couple of clicks and you set back and wait. Wayne

markmontana

Define "pain". The G/L process is very painless. You have to remember all you hear about are the few that go bad.
Back then you were completely on your own, no on-line help and everything done by fax. Now a couple of clicks and you set back and wait. Wayne
I agree with papercut. Many years ago I looked into buying a truck from DRMO or DLA or whatever it was at the time, and it was a LOT of work and nobody knew what was going on. I blew it off. Now with GL- they almost do it for you!

jimm1009

I did not have an EUC for either one of my purchases of which one was in 1995 and one in 1998 with DRMO.
Now days they have them but I suspect that this could be a result of 09/11/01.
jimm1009

papercu

I did not have an EUC for either one of my purchases of which one was in 1995 and one in 1998 with DRMO.
I bought trucks from the "National Sales" DRMS in the early 90s and all had the EUC that had to be filled out.
I know of two deuces that was sold at a local DRMO sale at Ft. Stewart GA that there was no EUC required but that was because when they were turned in, the NSN was wrong on the paperwork. BTW DRMS (National Sales) sold the items by sealed bids that required EUC, the Hazardous Materials stuff and demil, DRMO was at every base and sold everything else about once a month. Wayne

area52

You don't need an SF-97 to get a title in NM. You can get a surety bond from an insurance company, get the VIN verified by the cops and take both along with a bill of sale to the DMV and get a title - cost me $50 for the bond from Allstate and whatever the DMV charges.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks