• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new 55 Mack 5 Ton 427 BBC powered BEAST !!

carguy455

Wel, we are at it again ! Towerguy1 Mike found this gem , a 55 Mack 5 ton, cut down to a single axle, 3' blocks added into the suspension and a 427 Tall Block Big block chevy gas in place of the diesel. Has functional power steering, duel glass packs, its a BEAST !!!!!

Had to have it, so ....I BOUGHT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder how the neighbors will like THIS one !! LOL :)

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

I have been wanting to ask.............whats with the pic of the B-47???? is that the one that was sitting at Pease AFB??? We have one over in Plattsburgh.

DUUANE

ALLLLL RIIIIIIGHT!!

THATS A GREAT SCORE MAN..glad to see someone ele thats not afraid to buy something with a little green pond scum growing on it.

i've got a 6v71 blower core here i wont be needing if you want it.
:)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
it has 3 foot blocks? WOW, it must sit HIGH

:) :p rofl

carguy455

Ya it was a great score, I am thinking those are 3 inch blocks , not foot !
The B-47 ? Well , I took a pic of that one on the side of I-95 in Georgia on my way back from Florida several years back when I was driving cars up and down the east coast between Maine and Florida...

A 6/71 Blower core ???? Oh baby , I was already THINKING that !!!!

Woo hoo ! Might take ya up on that ! Thinking it will go just as well with an old small block stuffed in it and the 427 out for something else....

Oh the possibilites !!!!!

nice engine...

The photos are not terribly clear,but i assume that someone swapped in a later model commercial 427.Personnaly i wouldn't put a blower on it.If your going to rebuild it,the commercial block is cool for several reasons...don't listen to hot rod guys who might say the commercial is junk.
The commercials are tall deck blocks,they have 4-bolt mains,they have thick cylinder walls,and if you replace the huge clunky pistons with lighter aftermarket parts,you can run longer(7") connecting rods.combine this with a stroker crank and you can come up with a displacement approaching 570 ci plus...with a good cam and head work one hp/cubic inch is real close.no need for a blower then :twisted:
No replacement for displacement :D

DUUANE

actually...

it's a 6-V-71 blower,off a vee engine.
it'll use a different intake manifold.i think offenhauser still sells them.
came off a good running engine,but it's been sitting around the shop a few years.
:roll:

carguy455

nice engine...

Ambulancechser said:
The photos are not terribly clear,but i assume that someone swapped in a later model commercial 427.Personnaly i wouldn't put a blower on it.If your going to rebuild it,the commercial block is cool for several reasons...don't listen to hot rod guys who might say the commercial is junk.
The commercials are tall deck blocks,they have 4-bolt mains,they have thick cylinder walls,and if you replace the huge clunky pistons with lighter aftermarket parts,you can run longer(7") connecting rods.combine this with a stroker crank and you can come up with a displacement approaching 570 ci plus...with a good cam and head work one hp/cubic inch is real close.no need for a blower then :twisted:
No replacement for displacement :D
Had a 215 Buick/Olds Turbo Rocket engine long time ago that according to the magazines achieved the one HP per one CI...had been pulled from a car long before I came of age, sat around under canvas, seized up and froze up by the time I got to play with it. It got hauled off before I got to research it enough to realize what we had there....

I like the sounds of 570 CI !! :) :idea:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks