• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

352 short wheel base tire rack

pavehawk

I have a 1941 352 cckw and I'm looking for a tire rack or parts truck that has one on it. If anyone has any ideas on where one is at I would love to here them. Thanks

68t

I wish you luck, they hard to find, i got a 352 but gave up on the tire rack. try cckw. or g503. what you got in the p. hawks 701c .

pavehawk

The hawks have 701c in them. I was here before looking for a rack and found one on a parts truck. Then I found out today a day before I went to get the truck that the owner lost track of the truck and it got sold for scrap 2 weeks ago. Real nice! so I'm starting over.

paulfarber

Use a Craigslist search engine like Craiglook. There are at least 3 CCKWs on CL last time I looked. Most don't know if they are 353 or 352s, and ads are mostly miss when it comes to pics... they show the grill like thats the important part.

I lost out on 3 parts trucks recently. Evidently scrap is $12/100 in NY as my offer of $500 was replied with "I'll get 3x that in scrap". I'd like to know where that place is as my local yards are quoting < $6/100... and thats for preped steel, not sheet metal/cast iron and rubber.

paulfarber

Small parts.... terminal ends, terminal blocks, windshield parts, motor parts.

Need to find some open cab doors, or I will have to repair mine (typical rust line at the lower channel.

People have a whole truck and think that $$ is in the engine/driveline. Nope, not many people looking for drivelines. Shafts, pillow blocks, torsion rods ect.

They could get more $$$ if they parted even if the mythical scrap man really is offering $12/100. My local yards (2) said $6/100 and that was for a prepped car body (no fluids, rubber etc).

Last edited:

paulfarber

I have a composite 353 bed with no tailgate. Its been disassembled for storage and restoration.

Not cheap.... but would be right for up to a late 44 CCKW

motto

You are correct Ken. The CCKW 12 foot bed will go straight on your US6. The Stude has the fuel tank and spare wheel positions reverse to the CCKW but the beds are made with both bearers short at the fwd end to allow a spare wheel to come in over the chassis from either side. Most of these bodies also feature a hole in the l/h side of the front panel so as they can be used on the early US6 that had the fuel filler located there.
I actually have a composite body that is stencilled on the front panel that states that it is for GMC, Studebaker and Reo 6x6 and 6x4. The stencil can only be seen with the bed off the truck and was definitely factory applied.
David

IRON WHUPPER

Pavehawk: New here...I joined up here Sunday to pass this info along to you ...I tried posting this w/e but I don't see my post...Too new I guess.. Anyways I ran across this listing this w/e while searching for pics/info for a 1/35 scale SWB modeling project... I wanted to email the link to you the other day so you'd have first crack at it , but as I said my post didn't show up..Oh well You guys prolly already know about this anyway ... http://www.midwestmil.com/cckwcargoboxsale.html

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks