• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please help with NSN # ID

The NSN doesn't give me a "next higher assembly"

the manuf. listed are: GM and Harsco, the procurement dates I see listed are 1982-1986.

"Discontiued without replacement"

papercu

TQG family might not just be the Army. The Air Force, Navy and Marine might have them. Maybe the OP can check his measurements.
Of course any database is not infallible. Wayne
End Item Code: End Item Text:
16A Generator, 30kw, TQG, Tactical Quiet Family
NSN 2930000819503
Information:

Cage Code: Part Number: Company Name:
27462 3008259 General Motors Corp Harrison Radiator Divison

Requirement Name: Requirement:
Overall Height 33.750 Inches Nominal
Overall Width 18.875 Inches Nominal
Overall Thickness 6.000 Inches Nominal
Core Width 17.000 Inches Nominal
Core Thickness 3.000 Inches Nominal
Core Height 28.250 Inches Nominal
Outlet End Connection Type Plain
Filler Neck Not Included
Tank Location Lower
Tank Location Upper
Tank Material Brass
Tank Material Brass
Tank Height 1.500 Inches Nominal
Tank Height 4.000 Inches Nominal
Tank Width 18.625 Inches Nominal
Tank Width 18.625 Inches Nominal
Tank Thickness 3.125 Inches Nominal
Tank Thickness 3.375 Inches Nominal
Core Material and Location Brass Overall
Core Typer Corrugated Fin
Inlet Connection End Type Plain
Inlet Connection End Quantity 1
Inlet Connection End Shape Round
Outlet Connection End Quantity 1
Outlet Connection End Shape Round

You're showing the same data I saw in Haystack... when I went into the TM Did have all the branches publication numbers listed on it. It gave a PN that went to a different NSN, with different dimensions.. I'll see if I can't grab them again in the morning

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hey Jeff, its "off an airplane"!

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

papercu

Did have all the branches publication numbers listed on it.
Well yes, some equipment is shared by the services but not all equipment is.
The Marines are well known for using equipment they think are better suited for them.
The radiators for the TOQ MEP-805A and the TOQ MEP-805B are different and the TM for the MEP-805A is not showing any numbers for the radiator. Wayne

Attachments

The radiator is Item 57 the illustration has no number but it's in the parts list on page 104
P/n 88-21050 .RADIATOR,ENGINE COO that goes back to NSN 2930-01-372-5580
Specs as follows:

ABMK OVERALL WIDTH 24.000 INCHES NOMINAL AGAV III END ITEM IDENTIFICATION 6115012747389 CAGE 36204 ALTH TANK QUANTITY 1 AWZX OUTLET END CONNECTION TYPE PLAIN BJJQ FILLER NECK INCLUDED BJKR TANK LOCATION CENTER BJKS TANK MATERIAL BRASS BJKT TANK HEIGHT 22.250 INCHES NOMINAL BJKW TANK WIDTH 30.250 INCHES NOMINAL BJKX TANK THICKNESS 3.690 INCHES NOMINAL BJKY CORE QUANTITY 1 BJSG INLET CONNECTION END TYPE PLAIN BJSH INLET CONNECTION END QUANTITY 2 BJSJ INLET CONNECTION END SHAPE ROUND BJSM FILLER NECK QUANTITY 1 BJSS FAN SHROUD NOT INCLUDED BJST MOUNTING FEATURE NOT INCLUDED FEAT SPECIAL FEATURES RADIATOR,30 KW SR-1 MFR SOURCE CONTROLLING REFERENCE 88-21050 SR-1 MANUFACTURERS CODE 30554

According to http://http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sites/pmeps/DOCUMENTS/EPSWarrantyBookMarch2006.pdf

Yhe USMC are using the same TQG's as the rest of the branches.

Maybe there's a now defunct 30kw out there or someone added the 30kw by mistake. None of the TQG radiators

Last edited:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the help gentlemen !!! I was hoping this was a common vehicle radiator. (and someone really needed more than I do) I will get it out of the box and try to take some dimensions to see if it matches the descriptions above.

There is a funny story that goes along with this. I have only one of these now, but . . .A buddy and I bought a dozen or so of these back 20 years or so from a recycler. They are similar to a full size GM automotive/light truck radiator, except they have no filler cap, and the inlet and outlets are on the wrong size. We took a few to a radiator shop and had them reworked for about $25. They fit perfectly in a 70-76 Chevrolet station wagon. (until they got all bent up)
rofl[thumbzup] :driver: :jumpin: :cookoo: aua

derby_1.jpg derby_2.jpg derby_3.jpg

Thanks again Wayne and mdlbldr

There is a funny story that goes along with this. I have only one of these now, but . . .A buddy and I bought a dozen or so of these back 20 years or so from a recycler. They are similar to a full size GM automotive/light truck radiator, except they have no filler cap, and the inlet and outlets are on the wrong size. We took a few to a radiator shop and had them reworked for about $25. They fit perfectly in a 70-76 Chevrolet station wagon. (until they got all bent up)
Thanks again Wayne and mdlbldr
I can see why they matched the GM ones... LOL

They might be..... but it may remain a mystery......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks