• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Within 10 Business Days of the Date of Invoice?

AaronHorrocks

I'm bidding on a trailer, and I'm wondering when I will have to remove it...

Q: Is there a deadline for removal of property?
A: A schedule for removal of property will be established for each sales event. This information is available under the More Info button from the Sales Calendar or the Event Information & Bid Package link on the Lot Details page. The removal period is ten business days from the date on your invoice. The Buyer must remove all property awarded within this time limit.

The auction has this to say:
Removal Date: Within 10 Business Days of the Date of Invoice

The only thing I can find to base the "date of invoice" is:
Award Time: 05/14/2010 12:00AM Eastern Time

So what's been the experience that you guys have had with GL? How soon after an auction could I expect to get an invoice?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am assuming the trailer requires an EUC.

After you win the item, pay for it, submit the EUC paperwork, wait forever for it to clear, they will then send you a Paid-In-Full invoice.

You have 10 business days from that date to pickup the item

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would imagine it is within 10 business days of when you are notified that the EUC has cleared.

If it were anything other than that then there would be a bunch of people in default all the time because the EUCs don't process that fast for new bidders.

Mine was a 4/16/2010 award date. I paid them on 4/19/2010 and my EUC cleared on 4/22/2010.

I picked it up on the 23rd. :)

steve

AceHigh

It means whatever GL says it means. :)

I have had them call and say "Pick up this item Tuesday at 10am" and I have also called and set up an appointment of my choice. It is only late being picked up if the GL site rep tells GL it is late, if that makes any sense.

AaronHorrocks

Yeah that's the thing... I'm planning a road trip vacation from the 18th to the 28th, so I'm REALLY hoping I don't have to pick up the trailer 10 days from the 14th or something crazy like that. If it gets delayed i'll be happy... otherwise, It'd ruin our little vacation! :-?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact the site, everyone is different. I was in Corpus and they let some M105's sit for months after the winner contacted them about pickup.

ultim8gamr

Yeah that's the thing... I'm planning a road trip vacation from the 18th to the 28th, so I'm REALLY hoping I don't have to pick up the trailer 10 days from the 14th or something crazy like that. If it gets delayed i'll be happy... otherwise, It'd ruin our little vacation! :-?
since you're asking how it all works its probably your first GL buy so that would mean your first EUC. After winning you have to send in an EUC and wait to be approved. This usually takes a minimum of 60 days for your first one, then they will notify you and you have to call and schedule an apt. your vacation should not be interrupted.

I've been waiting since 4/6/10 to be approved for my first EUC on some trailers I won @ Herlong. I have a trip coming up on 6/12 and am a little worried because that will be a week after the estimated approval of 60 days...

Shop Rat Fab

The rule is 10 days to pick up after you receive your paid in full invoice which means after your EUC clears as mentioned earlier if its your 1st EUC expect to wait. I called the contact listed and made arrangments to pick up my 1009 but I asked about the 10 day rule and the guy I talked to and dealt with was flexable he told me within a month. Once you've made arrangments with the site contact I would get the site manager or GL to send you an email stating the date of pick up, if its outside the 10 period, and that’s its okay.

AaronHorrocks

Not my first time bidding on GL, but if i win, it will be my first GL win! :beer:

Thanks for the 60 days heads up. I think that'll save my rear in this auction. PLus it'll give me time to get my HMV insurance paperwork all set for the pick up.

lexluther

Aaron at Herlong was cool to work with. I called GL and they reassured me the 10 days starts after EUC, and sure enough the "paid invoice" comes after the EUC. I would call GL on day 65 of waiting for the EUC. I called and they said everything was just fine...5 days later the EUC came in.:grd:

AaronHorrocks

I never got notified that my paperwork cleared. it turned into a little hastle that I was in Annual Training for two weeks would I should have been picking up my trailers!

Anyhow I got both of them off-base just a few days ago. Due to complications, they had to be shipped off with a commercial hauler. I was able to get one home so far. The second one I hope to get delivered in 2 or 3 more weeks. It's been a crazy 5-day weekend! :???:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks