• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RTL10 rough terrain lift brakes

bbyachts

Just picked up a Pettibone RTL 10 rough terrain forklift, I ran one 25 years ago in the Corp, but I can't remember much about the brake system. She has hydraulic brakes. The brakes work fine for a short period of time, then they're just gone (no brake, nothing) Shut her dowm for a few hours, fire her back up and I have brakes. Any ideas?

bbyachts

If by pubs you mean manuals, I have them. Not much in there about troubleshooting the brake system. It must be something simple, because the work perfectly, then nothing.

RANDYDIRT

You don't by chance have the exhaust pipe close to the master cylinder or brake lines do you? Heat will boil the fluid and then you just pump air.

Dirt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks