• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Command car projects

Eric's hifim37

Hi everyone,

Thought i would give you fellow WW2 Dodge owners some fresh pictures to look at, I like the pictures so I'll contribute also.

The first one I just pulled up from the yard, I'll post some after pictures, it will just be a quickie redo for a picture shoot and the other torn down one will be a total restoration and be made into a WC57, a new winch frame will be used and this one will take time, the last one is my driver and it does need to be torn down but I am having to much fun driving it so it will have to wait it's day for the shop. I will be repainting it for the upcoming Camp delta show next April @ Tower Park here in Cali. We are going to take over the Show with Dodges this next year !!! I'm loven it !!

Enjoy, Eric..

Attachments

Eric's hifim37

Making progress on this one, I have some more pictures to post. This command car was used in several films, I'll post more pictures and the "films" it has been in. I'm hoping to get it painted in the next week as I have used 3 gallons of filler, 4 rolls of D.A. paper and at least 20 80 grit discs to get the body looking good. This one has seen many years of paint jobs and lousy body work so I do have my time into this ! I think it was painted with a " stucco gun" once too :-| sanding it has worn me out (LOL)

Eric..

Eric's hifim37

Hi everyone,

Looks like I had picture success, This WC56 is just getting a cosmetic re-do, it runs & drives great. I have been cleaning up many years of sitting outside and many paint jobs, I've been fighting the Jamacian Military Police decal from when this command car was used in Godzilla filmed in Hawaii and a lousy stucco grey paint job when it was used in Pearl Harbor. This one still has the camera mounts under the front bumper. The owner is ready to retire it to his private collection indoors and it is looking good so far, I'll post more pictures as I do more work.

Eric..

Attachments

91W350

I just got a good look at a 1942 Command Car this morning, very complete and solid. It has not been moved since 1962. I wold love to get it bought! You just never know what you will find in an old 1930's truck stop building.... Glen

91W350

Did you get it ?? Pics ??
I did not get it yet, I will try to get pics though. He left for a few weeks on a retirement vacation. After being in the Salvage business for over 62 years, he has some time off coming. His father and grandfather owned the business before him. I would love to get that CC in my garage. I may just have to settle for helping him work on it. He also has a 1913 Model T, a 1906 and 1907 Renault. They are incredible cars for the day and I am looking forward to getting one started and driving it around a bit...

JeepMan

I did not get it yet, I will try to get pics though. He left for a few weeks on a retirement vacation. After being in the Salvage business for over 62 years, he has some time off coming. His father and grandfather owned the business before him. I would love to get that CC in my garage. I may just have to settle for helping him work on it. He also has a 1913 Model T, a 1906 and 1907 Renault. They are incredible cars for the day and I am looking forward to getting one started and driving it around a bit...

Keep us posted w/pics!!

Eric's hifim37

Hi All,

I have been making progress on Command Car 2# I should have it ready to paint by Christmas, that is if the California nice weather keeps going :roll: This C/C has about 15 layers of paint on it :p and was rusty due to being a foreign return to the states. I have seen many of these coming back home but more filler than metal i'm afraid of or these cool hand made body panels that you can see a mile away but hey it is still up and going so I must credit all who do there best to keep these prized vehicles going :-D I'll post more pictures when I have it painted " if I get lucky with the weather "

Eric..

Attachments

Eric's hifim37

Hi Ken,

Your trucks are Look'in great !!

I am trying to get this command car done so I can bring in mine to the shop and get it ready for the Dodge Showcase @ Tower Park this coming April. It will be April before we know it, I hope you can make it this year. Give me a yell and we'll see if you want to follow us up

Eric..

Eric's hifim37

Hey Wolfen,

My way to go to Tower:

I start gathering extra parts to sell there & fill 2ea. 55 gallon drums throughout the year to have the fuel (800 miles) so I can afford the trip myself. I have been lucky the past two times to sell enough stuff to pay for the trip ( food & space). I also share my space with others so the space rent is not to bad either

if there is a will there is a way :beer:

Eric..

Wolfen

That's a good idea:!: Unfortunately, all of my spare cash is reserved for my WC53. Now if anyone wants to contribute to my Travel fund, I will gladly accept all donations.:lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks