• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wisconsin MV titling NO PROBLEM!

Westech

CPL
Well boys I went to the DMV today with 2 SF97's and I walked out with two Wisconsin Titles and Collector plates. NO PROBLEM! Collector plates are a one time fee and the only down fall is I cant drive it in the month of January or load more then 500 pounds. Now as far as trailers.... DOES NOT MATTER! I can tow whatever I want as long as the trailer (if over 3000 pounds) has the correct plate. Well for 90% of us that is the way to go. I might put out that the cops do not really bust the collector plates unless your moving a house or using it " for higher" type of stuff.

Barrman

Where are you going to take a collector vehicle in Wisconson in January? Now, if he was trying to title a Sno-cat, then the January restriction would be stupid. Wheeled vehicle used for shows and such in the eyes of the law, not so much.

Monty

Well that's good to hear, I'm going to apply for farm plates for my duece and 5 ton this week I guess we'll see what happens.

Hopefully no one from the DMV vist's this site;-)

undysworld

FWIW, the "no driving in January" thing is consistent with Wis. "collector car" rules. I believe it was put in place to make sure collector cars aren't driven as "daily drivers".

Monty,
Rest assured that DOT does read these forums. The DOT atty. went so far as to register for the HAMB forum, back when they were pushing Trans-123.

My very best wishes on registering your trucks. Please let me know how that goes, as I'm concerned about my own deuce, which is currently registered as "farm".

Paul

NateP

Monty, im curious. Were you able to get your 5t and Deuce plated for Farm use?

On a side note, I was wondering if a CDL was required to "legally" drive a 5t here in Wi. I did a little research and apparently no. Here is what I found, for what its worth.

Are there any exemptions to being required to have Wisconsin CDL?
Yes, a few . . .
1. Active Duty Military . . . with military licenses operating military vehicles.
2. Firefighters . . . meeting approved training standards and operating authorized emergency vehicles.
3. Farmers . . . in certain cases.
4. Individuals ....operating motor homes or other vehicles used exclusively to transport personal possessions or family members, for non business purposes.

So, as I previously thought. You do NOT need a CDL if you dont carry over 15 people or 15 or less children to and from school or use your vehicle for business purposes. GVW does not matter when its a personal vehicle according to

kubota_247

For what it's worth, I license my semi as Farm use in MN. It's all leagal and I follow the rules. Also my 1-T dump, but them 2 vehicles are civi's, so I shouldn't talk about them here. (wink)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks