• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio Cover

Armada

Does anyone make a canvas radio cover for an RT524? It woud be nice to be able to cover and protect it when the hard top is off of the 1009. I could always have something custom made but it would be easier if one already exists for the radio. I've seen them before for other radios. Thanks.

Jones

P.S.
Hey, there ain't nothing wrong with baggies and bungee cords. That field-expedient technology has served us GIs well over the years. Anybody remember the juice-cans clipped onto the feed side of M60s to keep the belts from kinking?

Jones

They were in the field rations packs along with such culinary delights as canned chicken or pork (could have been either), an over-sized round cracker that acted suspiciously like civil war hardtack, and chocolate brownies that, in a pinch, could be stacked together and used as anti-tank hedgerows. Don't know where they had them stashed but the oldest date I saw was 2-50. Of course with a 35 year shelf-life, they were still considered fresh.

ida34

While in the field at Fort Campbell we were shooting WWII vintage powder in our 155mm howitzers. I opened a canister and pulled on the power and the top came off in my hand. The fabric bag had degraded. This was back in the late 80's or early 90's.

willy

Cover

The military has done away with the covers because if the radio gets hot from the tempature even if turned off the fan will turn on and drain your baterie down.
Be advised I have been sold out off covers for 2 years.
And went for the steel cover lets air flow around the radio.
Willy

willy

cover

Hi Jones,
If this was for me
Beltfed and I do not get alone he made a bad deal for me and I told him
Then he told me that I was not bid on his stuff again.
Willy :)

Jones

RE: cover

Nope, just put out for general info to all. Sorry you had bad luck with him. I've had good responses to my questions, always get what I need; and it's right the first time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks