• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil filter

Superdave

I just recently picked up an A2 mule and need to change oil but I need an oil filter. Does any one have a part number for a fram, wix, napa number or are they a surplus dealer only?/

metromack

If it's a 2 cyl NAPA 1514 or Wix 33034 according to another web site. If not Bill Watson has them as well as alot of other parts for the mule.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Does it have the original cartridge style or has it been updated/upgraded to the spin on style?

Superdave

The wix 33034 comes up as a fuel filter but the napa fil 1514 number looks good. I have the original 2cyl with cartridge. well doing a search the Wix filter came up as a 51514 filter but the gasket to seal the cartridge is the wrong one according to the person that used it. Thanks for the replies and will let you know how it works out.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You know how much we love Mules and you couldn't even be bothered to share a picture with us? :grin:

Superdave

I got a Napa oil filter which was close to the one that was in there but I think the next time I need to order some parts I will get a few OEM ones. Here is a couple pics of my new toy, the seat is just temporary as The guy I got it from lost the original one but one is on order.

Attachments

Green Junkie

The NAPA filters work or a FRAM CH1PL but both come with a flat rubber seal which do not work on the mule but you may try a large O ring. The trick is to find the oil filter assembly from the late Gen Set which is a direct replacement for the mule filter assembly but utilizes a spin on filter Fram PH8A. You see these replacement engines advertised occasionally as replacement engines for the mule. Essentially they are great as long block replacements.
Bob

Green Junkie

The NAPA filters work or a FRAM CH1PL but both come with a flat rubber seal which do not work on the mule but you may try a large O ring. The trick is to find the oil filter assembly from the late Gen Set which is a direct replacement for the mule filter assembly but utilizes a spin on filter Fram PH8A. You see these replacement engines advertised occasionally as replacement engines for the mule. Essentially they are great as long block replacements.
Bob

nickd

there will be an article in the nest issue of Military Vehicles magazine on the spin on fuel filter conversion to get rid of the canister. the conversion is easy and if you can believe it makes changing the oil in the mule almost fun. The conversion also lets you pre fill the oil filter before starting the engine after an oil change to prevent the engine from being starved of oil while running.

If you want the parts, David Kelone has them in stock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks