• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone in theNorfolk, VA area?

NEIOWA

I have a truck for our Fire Dept located at DRMO St Juliens Creek. Working on details but supposedly only needs fluids and a jump. Yeah maybe. 1991 F900 6x6 diesel auto semi tractor. We are going to convert to a water tanker. Hopefully can drive it back to Iowa but 1100mi is a bit for a truck have not yet laid eyes on. Have been lucky on other prior similar transfers but this would be the furthest from home and likely will have no chase vehicle. I have 10-14 days (or so) to get it out of DRMO

Anyone have an excuse that puts them in the area of the St Juliens (Portsmouth) DRMO that would be willing to cast an intelligent eye on the truck and give me some indepentent feedback?

I'm not sure how/when I'm moving it/getting it back to Iowa yet so more to follow.

Location is Magazine Road Portsmouth, VA Bldg 400 which is same address as the govliq site.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I expect be out there late next week or the the beginning of the following week, so if still need someone at that point to look at the truck pm me.

NEIOWA

vbrescueman said:
I'm up here almost daily. Give me the info for the truck and I'll drive over there next week.
DOC
That would be appreciated. Tell the DRMO clerk (not govliquidation by the way) the DTID is N3066660460004 TRUCK TRACTOR

I'm looking for an opinion on condition/road worthiness for a 1100mi drive to Iowa.
What is indicated milage on the truck?
What is battery model # and qty? Apparently batteries may be questionable.
Is there a pintle hitch on the rear of truck?
Do they know if is drove in (vs towed/hauled)?

Overall length and height? (Needed for freight quote if we have to haul).

I you see a 6x6 stake bed truck (most likely is a IH 18__ or Ford F900) take a look at it if you have time. DTID is N8146461150101

Blake

st J DRMO

My shop is in Portsmouth, about 5 miles away. I work all day and cant help with the inspection/loadout but if you need to do a little work on it/check fluid levels, Im willing to help. I get to my shop about 6pm Mon-Fri and am there all day saturday and sunday. Let me know if I can help

NEIOWA

st J DRMO

Blake said:
My shop is in Portsmouth, about 5 miles away. I work all day and cant help with the inspection/loadout but if you need to do a little work on it/check fluid levels, Im willing to help. I get to my shop about 6pm Mon-Fri and am there all day saturday and sunday. Let me know if I can help
Thanks appreciate the offer and will keep in mind. Not sure how getting it home yet. May need to arrange a local pickup from the DRMO until can get out to VA (assuming we go with drive it home program). Have to have it out of the DRMO in the next couple of weeks.

If the stake bed I mentioned above is worth having I think we are going to see if we can get it for another Fire Dept. Make the trip more worthwhile (or twice the chance of something going wrong, depends on you glass is full outlook).

NEIOWA

Got some additional info from the DRMO. Sounds good.
1990 F900 with a 1991 Marmon 6x6 conversion. 7.8l 240hp diesel Allison MT643. 46000gvw. 18416mi

NEIOWA

Either of you Va guys make it by the St Juliens DRMO last week? I tried PM but must not have worked.

NEIOWA

DOD is getting their shorts in a knot so I'm having Colonial Ford Trucks pickup and TI the truck. Don't know them from adam but the nearest Ford Truck dealer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks