• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Filter Base retro fit

roddydog

If this is in the worng forum please let me know. I'm brand new here and this seemed the most appropriate forum I could find.

Anyway, I need some retrofit information/confirmation. My vehicle is not a US military truck, but it is a 1990 GMC 6.2 diesel Jimmy. I must replace the fuel filter assembly. I've looked at everything from Ebay to using John Deere parts to no avail.

Then today I came across a thread in this site that put me onto oem-surplus.com and their fuel filter assembly 12471725. It states it's for 84 through 87, but comparing their photo's to the real thing I can't discern any difference.

So the question then is can anyone confirm that this assembly will, or will not, work on my 1990 6.2 diesel?

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
HAHA, not to start a downward spiral, everything on the cucvs is 12v exept for the starter. Why not swap out the unit for spin on filters?

roddydog

HAHA, not to start a downward spiral, everything on the cucvs is 12v exept for the starter. Why not swap out the unit for spin on filters?
I don't know why not. Enlighten me.

OEM have a heater and WIF sensors. I could probably manage without the WIF, but being in a zone where way below zero can be expected I think I want the heater.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
As long as you know what you want. I don't have a cucv, just know alot of people that don't like those filters, thats all.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The base is a stanadyne 80. The CUCV one will work but it will have at least one extra sensor for it. Might I ask what is wrong with the base you have? Most of them can be fixed. Gimpster is right, some folks curse the model 80 filter assy, I rather prefer it but I'm no mechanic or technician.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks