• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine part source

modified

I'd check with Dave Morganthall in MD, he rebuilds alot of these old blocks as a hobby.
for Retail suppliers:
Walcks
Surplus City Jeeps in CA
Army Jeep Parts
Midwest Mil.

dougimes

south carolina m38a1 update

It has been a few week, made some progress.

Wanted to get the engine running well enough to see if I need to rebuild it before stripping the jeep.

Fixed the broken rocker, freed the stuck valve, went thru ignition and carb. Engine runs decent, but a little rough at idle, probably need new cap and rotor, etc.

Compression is 105 to 115 across all. Run a total of about an hour, doesn't appear to be carboning plugs, or burning oil.
Oil pressure a little low at first. Added motor flush, then changed oil. Now at 30psi, at 2000 rpm. 10 at idle. still a little low compared to my other jeep. I am thinking this will be ok.

Clutch is shot, with only 27000 on the speedo. I think they used it on an airbase to tow stuff. Dash legend said max speed 25mph.

Started stipping the jeep on Sat, everyting is ready, except the steering wheel. Need to make a steering wheel puller.

Will post some new pix when I get it seperated.

Got extra rocker arms, entire assembly actually, if anyone needs one.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks