• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GMC 302 crank seal

M215

Hello SS,
I'm in the process of dropping the oil pan to change the rear main crank seal that has started to leak. The new seal is two pieces of rubberized rope looking stuff? I have never done one of these before using this type of seal, anything specail to know? I plan on removing the main bearing caps and lowering the crank a little to make some additional clearance. Yes, I have removed the transmission to allow the crank to drop (this is another long story for later). Also plan on putting in a new oil pump since the pan is dropped, any advice on this?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions, Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks