• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft riley cucv recovery today

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Loaded up and left this morning to get my long suffering M1009 from Ft Riley. It had started on it's own every time I have been out there over the last few months while waiting for the EUC to clear. Well today it was dead. Ryan of GL who took us out went off to bum some jumper cables from the DRMO guys and was back in a flash. First turn of the key and it fired right, drove it over to the M105 trailer I was also getting and Ryan also helped hook it up. Left it running as I went off to inspect other up coming items. Then got with Daniel to go over to see some 5ton expandos that are coming up,( there will be no loading help on those trucks!!!) they are in the Nat Guard mates pen. Then back to the GL office to turn in are badges with Robert.
We were going to come back via I-70 about 2 miles out of the gate heard a noise under the hood, Gen 2 light came on, pulled over to find the pass alt belt gone. Water pump belt looked good so, decided to go back the back way as parts stores and fuel stations were closer. Hit the Napa in Manhattan and the guy behind the counter was of know help but did get a bottle of fuel conditioner. Figured since it was running to press on to the fuel stop , got 20 gal of new fuel added conditioner grabbed a water and sandwich and took off on scenic Kansas 24/40 Hwy. 3 miles later new noise, #1 gen light, another wasted belt. Kept going as it stayed running fine . Now off to get full set of new belts. thanks to the http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/48267-m1009-fan-belts.html Thread I will get the correct ones.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wrench Wench

I could be mistaken, but I read the narrative as he used his new CUCV to haul his M105 home.

This is also prolly not the word you might want to hear describe it, Mules, but it's the best word I've got for it...
It's pretty.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Nice paint. What did you use to drag the M105 home?

Wrench Wench is correct I pulled the M105 EMPTY with the CUCV. Ft Riley is only 103 miles and the trailer had just gone through a reset with new tires. Hwy 24 follows the Kaw/Kansas river so is pretty much a flat country road with a town every 15 miles and no stop lights or signs till the north end of Topeka. I left plenty of room for braking and didn't push it above 60. After dropping $50 at Car Quest it now has a new set of all 3 belts. It is a nice CUCV no rust, nice paint just has small ding in drivers door.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks